Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you’re invited to join the revolution!
About the role:
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. We are now hiring a Director of Global Wellness to join our diverse and forward‐thinking global company. The Director of Global Wellness will add value to Kraken by designing and implementing a world class Wellness program that will improve the happiness, productivity, and overall well being of our primarily remote, globally distributed workforce. As the Director of Global Wellness you will hire and develop a team of in-house wellness professionals, build and design programs, services, and initiatives that support the physical, mental, and financial health of thousands of individuals worldwide.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Wellness leader, who has already thrived in creating best-in-class Wellness programs in high-growth organizations, and wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world. The Director of Global Wellness will have Executive level support to shape a cutting edge Wellness team in a forward thinking, mission driven Company that is dedicated to creating a world class People Experience.
- Design and implement a long term Wellness strategy for a rapidly growing remote-based team
- Build and oversee a team of in-house wellness personnel
- Integrate and maintain a collection of 3rd party wellness services and manage the relationship with those vendors
- Drive company-wide wellness initiatives and organize presentations on a variety of topics related to physical, mental, and financial wellness
- Expertly design, implement, and measure the success of the Krakenite Experience Wellness program and policies
- Monitor a set of Key Performance Indicators and produce regular reporting on the performance of Wellness personnel & initiatives
- 3+ years of experience running a Wellness program or equivalent in a large distributed, high growth organizations
- 5-10 years combined experience in Wellness, Employee Benefits, Total Rewards or equivalent
- Broad understanding of all aspects of wellness, remaining up to date with the trends and best practices for remote and digital wellness
- Strong knowledge and experience with the 3rd party vendor offerings for wellness
- Understanding of HIPAA/GDPR as they relate to wellness and confidence with handling the privacy/legal aspects of a wellness program at the corporate level
- Experience in coaching and developing wellness related roles
- Be flexible with working hours in order to support and manage a globally distributed team
- Results oriented person with a proven track record of on-time, high quality project/program delivery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the company
- Lifelong learner with an evidence based approach to wellness concepts
- Tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.