Paxos is hiring a Director of Physical Security, who will lead the physical security and safety operations program for the custody team. This is a high-impact role, where you will partner with the Leadership team to set security goals and develop the long-term roadmap.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Director of Physical Security, you’ll get to:
- Manage the day-to-day physical security and safety operations for the custody team
- Drive the development and deployment of a comprehensive physical security program for the custody team for all Paxos offices
- Partner with internal stakeholders and third parties to ensure current and new offices are designed with a security first approach
- Partner with leadership team on the security strategy, goals and long term roadmap
- Establish physical security policies and assessment and inspection protocols to review, identify, and mitigate any security vulnerabilities or gaps
- Plan and prepare for crisis response, disaster recovery, evacuation, workplace violence, and other emergency or adverse events
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 10+ years of experience as a security leader in government, corporate or both.
- Experience analyzing information, determine contexts, take appropriate action, and choose the course of action
- Experience communicating, presenting and fielding questions to a board, regulators, auditors and clients
- Demonstrated experience in the development of security procedures and processes
- This role will require an on-site presence as needed
You might also have:
- Law Enforcement or military experience a plus but not required
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!