Dapper Labs is seeking a seasoned Director of Product Management to help define and create the next chapter in gaming. You’ll collaborate across the organization to build the games and experiences which will delight the world by showing the potential of blockchain and benefits of decentralization.
“ If people play with an open and free future, we don’t have to teach them about the benefits of decentralization; they will come to know them in their hearts.”
– Mack Flavelle, Chief Creative Officer
The ideal candidate can lead the product management team as they kick off products from concept to execution as well as iterate on live products on multi-device platforms (Desktop, Web, Mobile). We’re looking for someone who is committed to continuous improvement and determined to strive for quality in all of our products.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Develop innovative approaches to combine the best of decentralization with tried and true free to play best practices to produce industry leading game economies that set the new standard for product growth and success
- Develop, mentor, and grow the studio product management team
- Partner to align around a cohesive product vision and network strategy
- Prioritize product roadmaps and backlogs, define project requirements, write user stories, identify analytics requirements, and collaborate cross-functionally to drive results
- Prioritize live service investments in conjunction with partners in engineering, marketing, operations, and design to advance learnings and improve business results
- Lead data-driven ideation and testing to improve players experience, drive player adoption, engagement, and retention
- Identify and provide ROI and business cases around new product concepts
- Collaborate to deliver a world-class, consistent product experience across platforms
- Develop meaningful business relationships with studio teams and other partners to communicate status and drive adoption of player network initiatives
- Structure and execute experiments, including A/B tests, to test hypotheses and generate impactful insights
- Identify opportunities, evangelize the vision across the company to build consensus on priorities
A little about you:
- Proven experience in product management, product design, mobile app development or related consumer product experience
- Ability to empathize with customers and build solutions and experiences addressing customer needs
- Experience with digital ecosystems, social networks, digital-only services or applications
- Passionate about delivering connected and personalized experiences for players
- Strong understanding of mobile & PC gaming and have the ability to stay on the top of the gaming industry trends
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Strong aptitudes for data interpretation, multi-variate testing, and technology
- Incredible people management skills with a talent for bringing positive team health
- Confident team collaborator who is comfortable taking direction or setting direction
- Solid communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of management
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and partner/influence across complex organizations
A little more about us:
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our Axioms, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
– Flexible vacation & remote work policy – most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit
– Diverse opportunities for learning and development
– On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
– Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!