Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
The Block is looking for a Social Media Marketing Director who is excited about launching a social media function for a growing business that is at the epicenter of the ever-evolving crypto and digital asset space. This role is a blend of strategy, creative, hands-on tactical executions that will ultimately be responsible for driving the perception of and engagement with The Block across platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Discord, and Telegram. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Marketing, this role will be the trusted social media expert across the business and is ideal for the creative who has a knack for finding innovative ways to bring brands to life through storytelling and educating the market through social media. Not only are you driven by building credible brands and demand, but you are also energized by the future of crypto, web3, and digital assets.
- Define the social strategy (paid and organic) that engages, educates, and converts traffic on-site in support of both marketing and broader business objectives
- Serve as the brand’s social lead, developing and executing a best-in-class social strategy and associated campaigns to, build trust with the market, increase engagement, and drive demand for our growing suite of products
- Lead strategy, planning, writing, and execution of campaigns across multiple social channels
- Ensure social posts maintain a consistent voice, personality, and look and feel across all social media channels
- Collaborate with departments across the organization including comms, marketing, editorial, research, and events
- Manage content calendar (social/editorial/marketing) to ensure cross-functional alignment and execution on topic/message, timing, and channel mix
- Partner with the Marketing Operations team to track social media metrics, evaluate performance, provide recommendations for optimization, and update benchmarks
- Provide ad-hoc and regular analysis of qualitative and quantitative social media performance inclusive of follower count, engagement, conversion, and traffic to the site.
- Consistently mine current best practices, industry trends, tools, and competitive insights to ensure social activities are aligned with how the market wants to engage
- Follow social conversations to better understand market needs and use insights to inform marketing messaging and content strategy
- Explore and make recommendations on new social channels where The Block should have a presence
- Oversee/manage social media budgets
- 7+ of experience in social media or content marketing Experience working in crypto/digital assets, fintech, or finance industries; both B2B and B2C experience is a plus
- Subject matter expertise in crypto, financial services, or fintech
- Expertise with Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Discord, and Telegram platforms
- Ability to plan and execute multiple, complex organic and paid social programs simultaneously, while managing budget, timelines, stakeholders, and cross-functional communications.
- Experience working in a news organization a plus
- Experience with analytics and social listening tools
- Team player with an enthusiastic attitude and entrepreneurial spirit who is on top of emerging trends in social media
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up every day.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US-based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote-first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote-first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.