Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
In this role, you’ll be working at the intersection of distributed systems and the frontier of data availability in blockchains. You will help build foundational blockchain infrastructure and collaborate with internal and external experts within various technical domains to advance the rapidly evolving blockchain community and progress the decentralization movement.
The Engineering Manager should have some knowledge of the blockchain ecosystem and a never-ending curiosity to learn and master new technologies and practices. You are not afraid of pivoting on the fly. Blockchain is constantly evolving and so do our priorities. You should have a positive attitude and the ability to rally your team to see each pivot as a learning opportunity.
• Build and manage an engineering team responsible for a Data availability-focused blockchain and relevant Infra.
• Mentor your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization’s growth and chart a fulfilling career path for them.
• Work with the Tech Leadership in your team to implement the multi-year strategy for blockchain development, testing, and maintenance.
• Work with the Talent Org to source and hire amazing engineers.
• Own and deliver engineering processes that drive engineering quality and meet expected SLAs.
• Work with Product Managers, Designers, and Senior Leadership to build a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering, with 2 years of experience in Eng management.
- You have designed, built, and scaled massively-distributed services.
- You have worked with globally distributed teams and are comfortable with managing engineers across time zones.
- You have experience with Ethereum and/or bitcoin – proficient with the core concepts in the space.
- You know what good quality code and software engineering processes look like and know how to create them.
- You are passionate about scaling Ethereum and believe in the mission of bringing web3 to all.
- Experience with Rust and Blockchain development frameworks such as Substrate.
- Experience in managing a team of Rust developers, preferably in the blockchain space.
Work from anywhere (Remote first)
Flexible working hours
Flexible vacation policy
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.