Zerion is a web3 smart, social wallet and investing tool that enables anyone with a mobile phone or computer to explore every corner of web3 from DeFi to NFTs – all in one place.
We’re looking for an experienced and driven Engineering Manager to help us grow and solidify our engineering team. You will focus on people and engineering process so that we can continue shipping best in class Web3 applications.
About the role:
You will play a key role for scaling and organizing our engineering team. We are looking for a person who can establish efficient processes and create a comfortable environment for everyone. We want you to focus on personal growth & success of every individual and help Zerion’s team reach its full potential.
This role is a great opportunity to contribute to the company’s culture in a pre-growth stage startup. You’ll oversee a team of cross-functional Engineers and partner with Leadership & Product Management to define meaningful metrics, processes, and practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a distributed team of cross-functional Engineers.
- Establish best practices to ensure a high-quality product & consistent delivery of working systems on time.
- Design, implement, and document product development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Collaborate with Leadership & Product Management on roadmapping, technical planning & prioritization.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Manage, support, and evaluate engineers’ performance.
- Maintain and strengthen Zerion’s culture of growth, openness, trust, mutual support, and care.
- Hire new talent for the team.
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing and scaling an engineering team at a fast-growing organization.
- Technical knowledge to discuss issues, approaches, and solutions in depth.
- Passion about Web3 & open financial systems.
- Desire to manage a fully-remote geographically distributed team.
- At least 4 years of experience in back-end development, preferably in Python and Golang.
- At least 2 years of Engineering Management experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
- Experience working with modern distributed systems at scale.
- Passion about efficient engineering processes & practices and desire to foster an environment that creates them.
- Experience attracting, retaining, and growing great Engineering talent.
You are likely a perfect candidate if you have:
- Worked at a growth stage startup with 50+ employees.
- Actively coached, mentored and incentivized team members in their careers remotely.
- Have passion for building products to the highest standards across many dimensions (user experience, performance, reliability, security).
- Have high emotional intelligence.
- Founder / Startup experience.
- You aped into degen tokens or NFTs and got rekt a few times.
- Experience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries.
Why You Should Join:
Purpose: Working towards financial inclusion across the world. By joining our team, you will be part of a pivotal moment in our company’s growth, where you can make a significant impact on our future direction.
Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, and lots of fun. High engagement and low turnover – we really do care about culture and it works. With a retention rate of 95%, we are committed to ensuring our employees feel valued and supported.
People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space.
Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary, medical insurance, WeWork membership and other benefits.
Unlimited days off and flexible work schedule: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
Stock options. If we work together to make Zerion successful, then stock options will be very valuable.
Relocation is possible: Help with relocation to Portugal for you and your family.
Travel: Join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Distributed Team: Zerion is a fully remote team with team members all over the world. We believe in asynchronous collaboration, finding your own work rhythm, and a healthy work-life balance.
400k Monthly Active Users.
One of the largest players in the mobile DeFi space.
$1.5B transaction volume year to date.
~100k Zerion NFTs claimed in recent campaigns.
Zerion helps to manage your DeFi and NFT portfolios, trade across 10+ networks and connect to any decentralized application with one wallet. Our mission is to empower more people around the world with efficient, permissionless and transparent financial services.