Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that: We’re building an inclusive future of finance. A future that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will think big about the future of crypto and how you can bring individual investors and institutions into the crypto economy more quickly. You’ll own the strategic direction and go-to-market strategy, including the ideal customer segment, roadmap, value proposition and messaging. You will possess the ability and willingness to balance customer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow the adoption of Okcoin products and features.
The candidate is fully responsible for the Okcoin Europe user and volume growth. You will identify the market with best ROI, support the license application for the targeted regions, lead marketing GTM strategy for retail business, lead sales/account management/BD team to focus on EU VIP and institutional segment growth.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be a strategic partner of Okcoin global senior management team and be responsible for identifying growth opportunities in EU, managing Okcoin EU operation, driving customer growth in the EU market, and identifying and executing on business development opportunities
- Work closely with internal partners in product, operation, marketing, business development and legal/compliance teams globally to develop and grow the business and deliver the best of Okcoin to our EU customers and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business
- Play a key role in partnering with our local Compliance Officer in EU and supporting the application process with local regulators for licences
- Be the “face” of Okcoin EU, representing the company at media engagements, conferences, and industry forums, networking events and in all interactions with local clients
- Build a sales team that focuses on EU volume growth; envision, design, and implement sales strategy
- Lead EU account / relationship management team to service clients on a top-tier basis, solicit existing client feedback and generate synergy with Sales and BD functions
- Work with operations team in undertaking detailed analysis of EU sales performance and sales strategy success
- Maintain CRM systems for leads and pipeline reporting, Identify new market opportunities, build consensus among executive team and orchestrate the GTM execution
- Manage strategic partnerships with custody, broker dealer, PB, aggregator platforms, work with solution team for EU customer solution design, implementation and rollout
What We Look For In You:
- At least 12 years of experience in retail or institutional Sales/Business Development/Commercial roles in a financial institution, ideally with recent crypto exposure and a keen interest in crypto
- Good understanding of how the various functions of a regulated financial services business operate (e.g. Compliance, IT, Finance, Risk, Audit) and the ability to engage with regulators constructively
- Experience in managing business operations and setting business strategy for a financial services or FinTech company (ideally as a Managing Director, General Manager or COO)
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively in an international organization
- Cross functional expertise and the ability to implement global standards while ensuring local compliance
- Good understanding of the EU regulatory landscape for financial services, and related requirements
- Result-driven self-starter who is excited at the prospect of growing a business in a fast-paced, growth driven sector
- Fluency in English, ideally also knows another European language
- Our ongoing license application processes in the EU may require you as the EU General Manager to spend significant time in relevant locations. Relocation may be required by certain regulators
Nice to Haves:
- You are already an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package, including basic salary and bonus
- Comprehensive insurance package covering pre-existing conditions insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- Paid time off policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.