Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure all team members have been assigned to leading events as either speakers or panelists
- Align with core business objectives by organizing events globally and working with local team community managers and region leads
- Lead and execute major branded events (1 per quarter)
- Help position Avalanche as the go-to blockchain platform for all financial products, services, and other decentralized applications.
- Ensure in-person and virtual events strategy is fully managed
- Organize virtual events with external partners
- Organize in-person meetups for community and business development
- Coordinate operations of events
- Manage sponsorships and costs
- Increase bandwidth of current team members
- Ensure team meets minimum amount of branded events and maximize attendance for every event
- Create a replicable/scalable v1 system for events strategy and operations with a focus on future-facing opportunities and identifying which events best suit each team member
- Ensure that all key team members have full schedule of speaking opportunities and other appearances throughout the year
- Full schedule and semantics roadmap built out 4- 6 months ahead w/ next 1.5 – 3 months scheduled out enough to do innovative experimentation work
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Minimum 5+ years experience in global events management for the tech industry
- In-depth understanding of tech-focused events (e.g., hackathons, meetups, summits)
- High level strategy, concept, design, budgeting and planning skills
- Well experienced in attending crypto/blockchain events as well as organizing/planning/managing
- Strong contacts within the space is highly preferable
- Google Business Suite
- Ability to understand how to be nimble on a moment’s notice (i.e., be able to salvage existing plans with ad-hoc changes)
- High EQ
- Highly organized to manage both events execution and team member speaking engagements
- Ability to be self driven/proactive
- Passion for using events as a way to boost marketing effectiveness
WHY AVA LABS?
We’re a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We’re highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.