Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
We’re looking for an organized self-starter to support our leaders and teams at Pagoda. You’ll take care of day-to-day administrative and operational needs and contribute to projects that bring us closer to achieving our mission. You’ll work with smart, hardworking people who are passionate about building the decentralized web.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support our COO and VP of Engineering by maximizing their effectiveness. In addition to managing calendars, booking travel arrangements, and filing expense reports, you’ll act as a confidant and strategic partner by:
- ensuring their time is spent on the most leveraged activities
- making recommendations regarding their time management, prioritization, and delegation
- keeping them focused on the most critical deadlines and goals while maintaining high team morale
- making sure they’re prepared for upcoming meetings and events (e.g., helping prepare slide decks, looping in the right set of people, following up on action items, etc.)
- ensuring important conversations and key relationships are maintained
- Organize events from start to finish.You’ll collaborate with our leadership team to plan events (leadership meetings, external-facing conferences, offsites, etc.). You’ll take the lead on logistics and execution
- Contribute to special projects across the company.We’ll rely on your program management expertise to coordinate various cross-functional initiatives
What We’re Looking For:
- You’ve worked with engineering teams and supported executives in a fast-paced startup environment
- You’ve managed and optimized extremely busy calendars
- You’re comfortable leading projects from start to finish
- You’re an expert in Google Calendar and Slack
We’d Love If You Have:
- You embody a strong sense of empathy.You anticipate others’ needs and resolve issues before they arise. You make it a point to get to know the people around you (what do they work on? what makes them tick? what do they love doing outside of work?), regardless of their job title. You love that others feel comfortable going to you when they have questions or need help.
- You’re an effective communicator.You can explain complex topics with ease, both written and verbally. You loop in the right people at the right time, equipping them with the context needed to do their job well. You recognize when information or situations may be sensitive and handle them with care and confidentiality.
You are resourceful. When you don’t have enough information, you ask clarifying questions. If it’s your first time doing something, you seek out best practices.
- You get things done.You have a track record of juggling multiple projects without missing a beat. You proactively adopt, document, fix, and improve processes that maximize your impact. You move quickly and remain calm as things change and priorities shift. You pay attention to the details without losing sight of the end goals.
- You have a growth mindset. You love learning new things. You aren’t afraid to ask for (or give!) feedback. You’re always finding ways to do better at your job
- You’re enthusiastic about blockchain, decentralized economies, and self-governing communities.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Executive Assistant Interview (45 mins)
- External Executive Assistant Interview (60 mins)
- Interview with VP of Engineering (60 mins)
- Interview with COO (60 mins)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leader for this role, you’ll ideally be located in the United States.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.