We seek a Community Manager who will help us support, connect, and grow Filecoin’s many online and offline communities.
Filecoin is an open-source crypto project that cares deeply about supporting its many communities — miner, developer, researcher, and storage communities, among others. We firmly believe that having healthy communities will be critical for the long-term health of the Filecoin Project.
As Filecoin’s first Community Manager, you will be responsible for providing tactical support for our early community, creating our global community strategy, and executing this strategy on the ground. Day-to-day, you might help us respond to community support questions, coordinate online and offline events, write development updates for our blog, and manage a team of global community ambassadors. Week-to-week in this role, you might design and implement new community engagement programs, conduct community research, and work with our communications and events teams to plan larger conferences and other events. As Filecoin’s Community Manager, you will be the face of Filecoin to the community and our communities’ advocate to the Filecoin team. Through it all — the tactical and strategic work — your warmth and thoughtfulness will be needed to maintain welcoming spaces for our community members.
This role comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility, but will also require you to get your hands dirty and execute. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love for you to apply.
As a Community Manager for Filecoin, you will…
- Manage all community communications channels, including Slack, Matrix, Twitter, Discourse, Reddit, email, and more
- Respond to open-source inbounds (questions and support requests) from community members and help triage support requests to the appropriate team
- Synthesize product feedback from the community and relay this to the rest of our team
- Run and coordinate online and offline community events
- Manage the translations pipeline for Filecoin’s website and documentation content
- Craft Filecoin’s community narrative and personality by developing written content for our blog and other platforms
- Create new community engagement programs to increase the size, reach, and quality of our global communities
- Create a global community strategy that incorporates your insights and research about different community groups
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Deeply understand cryptocurrency networks, their communities, and how they tend to work
- Previously managed communities for open-source projects (preferably more than one)
- Have experience with developer relations and developer support
- Have a technical background and/or fluency in technical concepts
- Have strong interpersonal, written and verbal, skills
- Enjoy taking initiative to solve open-ended problems
- Have coordinated large events and conferences in the past
- Programming/scripting ability
- Experience writing documentation or producing other content to synthesize and simplify technical concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.