The Arbitrum Foundation is an organisation based in the Cayman Islands that is tasked with developing and nurturing the Arbitrum ecosystem. This includes Arbitrum One, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum’s security and Arbitrum Nova, which allows for ultra-low cost fees by leveraging AnyTrust technology making it ideal for Social and Gaming applications.
Porting contracts to Arbitrum requires no code changes or downloads since it’s compatible with existing Ethereum developer languages and tooling.
Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity.
What you’ll do:
- Manage key Finance process improvement initiatives and other special projects on a daily basis
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams/workstreams (both employees and vendors, as necessary) to ensure that projects are scoped out and executed on time and on budget, in line with the company’s standards, methodologies, and control.
- Produce clear project plans and/or roadmaps with detailed budgets and timelines, considering key dependencies across different workstreams and/or other initiatives.
- Develop business case(s) for finance initiatives, including costs as well as quantitative and qualitative benefits.
- Coordinate with external audit teams to manage expectations and help deliver audit support within the required timeframes.
- Scope and lead initiatives to optimize accounting processes for reporting and consuming data based on minimum data standard requirements
- Create and communicate operating principles, quality, and efficiency standards in support of the organization’s needs, including automation of finance data/account reconciliations.
- Lead implementation as appropriate of tactical enhancements to Finance systems and processes
Who you are:
- A high level of experience working in a similar or relevant role within a startup, as a consultant, or within investment banking
- Previous experience with managing external accountants to help prepare monthly P&L and tax filings.
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors
- Excellent financial modeling and Excel skills
- Treasury management, budgeting, investment knowledge, fundraising experience, and headcount management
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands
- Experience working with startups, advising on business plans and finance strategy
At the Arbitrum Foundation, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are essential to our success.
We are committed to building a welcoming and supportive workplace for all employees, regardless of their background or identity. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued and has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive. We encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply and join our team.