BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is currently looking to hire a Financial Analyst who will report directly to our Vice President of Finance. This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals within financial services who are interested in joining a fast-moving company with a clear growth trajectory. This position is open to candidates who are located at or near any of our current office hubs (i.e. San Francisco Bay Area, New York City Area, Sioux Falls/South Dakota).
- Work directly with our VP of Finance to drive financial planning/modeling for both short and long term company budgeting and forecasting
- Review historical data in regard to company performance in conjunction with anticipating obstacles/potential problems to help create accurate forecasts and analyses
- Work with our Accounting and Operations teams to complete financial and regulatory audits
- Assist with hiring/headcount requests made to the Finance team by calibrating proposed new headcount(s) and their corresponding salary estimates with current hiring budget projections
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the entirety of BitGo’s service offerings including custody, lending & trading (BitGo Prime), portfolio and tax and how each service offering corresponds to our overall finance strategy
- Work with our Finance team to make adjustments/alterations to FP&A strategies as needed based on the nuances and adapting regulations of cryptocurrencies/digital assets
- Present reports to the VP of Finance in addition to BitGo’s executive team/Board of Directors of monthly and/or quarterly projections on P&L, AUC, returns, etc.
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed by the Finance department
- 3+ years of relevant experience within financial services (direct professional experience with digital assets highly preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Admin. or a related field (advanced degrees highly preferred)
- Strong track record within financial planning for budgeting/forecasting
- Excellent financial modeling skills and experience leading and managing highly quantitative, complex analysis
- Experience liaising with several departments outside of Finance/Accounting (Risk, Compliance, Legal, Ops, Sales, etc.)
- Experience leading the development, tracking, and reporting of metrics to management teams/C-level members and external stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong judgment, ethics and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently without extensive supervision.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative startup FinTech environment.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.