The DAI Credit System is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs), autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact – for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions – by everyone.
Role requirements and responsibilities:
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Enjoys working in a highly feedback oriented team setting. Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative.
- Ability to interact with off-shore development (opportunity for flexible schedule will be provided)
- Ability to multi-tasking and managing competing priorities while meeting assigned deadlines
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-2 years of demonstrable experience in a financial developer role
- Solid knowledge of Python (other programming languages is a plus)
- Solid knowledge of the principles of class-based object-oriented programming.
- Solid unit and integration testing culture, Testing frameworks. Strong debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Database knowledge, SQL and NoSQL
- Knowledge of standard web technology (HTTP, client/server model, REST APIs and Websockets knowledge)
- Hands on experience with Git (GitHub)
Nice to have:
- Ability to write into Exchanges (ie cme, Ice) API’s. Also experience using Fix Protocol with exchanges like CME, ICE.