Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2018 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency. You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
For the Fraud Analyst role; we’re accepting applicants for our Client Engagement team, which provides first rate customer support to our users and also handles most aspects of payments operations. Our team is one of the best in the industry, and we’re looking for people who can make us better.
For this role, we are looking for candidates who have previous experience in a fraud-related field or account security.
Many of us work remotely, but we’re in touch with each other constantly. We collaborate to solve tough problems and meet regularly to stay up to date on what’s going on in the company and industry. We have a great community, and many of us have become close friends.
- Review customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft and similar other risks.
- Resolve queued transactions within the service level agreements to reduce potential revenue losses.
- Compiling and implement security measures and fraud prevention strategies and the ability to pick up on irregularities on card transactions.
- Interact with banks and customers to validate information and to confirm or cancel authorizations.
- Monitor constantly customer and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts.
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers.
- At least 2 years of experience at payments processor, card acquirer, bank (risk department), or e-commerce platform.
- Experience with Visa and Mastercard risk tools (including 3DS, AVS, etc)
- Experience with different alternative payment methods and risks
- Experience with fraud detection/risk management with regards to cryptocurrency is a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.