Maple is the next evolution of DeFi protocols creating an institutional capital marketplace. Premium crypto institutions borrow from Lending Pools funded by the DeFi ecosystem transparently and efficiently. The protocol is governed by the Maple Token (MPL), which was successfully launched in May.
Join our world class team, backed by some of the leading Venture Capitalists in the space including Framework Ventures, Polychain Capital, Alameda Research, One Block, Aave CEO – Stani Kulechov and Synthetix Founder – Kain Warwick.
Together we’ll embark on a mission to power the capital markets of the future – efficient, permissionless and global.
Competitive Salary + Token Allocation | Full Time | Contract | Remote anywhere in USA
Maple is experiencing rapid growth across the organisation and is now looking for a legal generalist. You’ll set legal strategy and be the key interface when dealing with the legal and compliance teams of large institutional clients and partners. Some of the key areas of responsibility will be regulation, compliance, entity structuring and loan documentation and enforcement frameworks. The right candidate will be commercial and comfortable operating in areas of uncertainty given the speed of evolution in the space. You’ll be abreast of the laws impacting crypto and DeFi across international jurisdictions already, have previous experience as in-house legal or coming from within a crypto-focused legal practise is ideal. This role will report to, and work closely with, the co-founders.
- Set legal strategy
- Key point of contact for the legal and compliance teams of large institutional users of the protocol, as well as review and negotiate legal engagements and agreements related to these partnerships.
- Planning and structuring of legal documentation related to participants on the Maple protocol
- Advise company leadership on existing and emerging legal issues, with particular focus on Crypto & DeFi regulations
- Proactively plan and execute structuring related to the DAO, ecosystem participants and other entities across international jurisdictions
- Remain on top of international crypto law and related laws impacting crypto and users of DeFi
- Engage & manage outside counsel
- D. with 5+ years of legal experience in securities, commodities or financial services law
- Currently licensed to practice in one or more US states
- In-depth understanding of how legal & regulatory issues affect crypto native organizations
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Strong ability to drive outside counsel to deliver on legal projects
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization and communication skill
Really nice if you have it
- Experience working on transactions related to crypto which may have involved structuring investments or compliance
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Base Salary Range paid in USDC or Local Fiat currency
- A stake in Maple’s long term success, in the form of an MPL token allocation
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working
- Shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent if you’d like it
- Medical insurance
- Contract or Full Time Employment opportunities
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team co-location event
With our current two lending pools surpassing the $250M point collectively, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi. If you subscribe to the values of Maple – Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset – and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.