As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralized technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
Within Parity, the Ecosystem and Business Development team is charged with the growth of the Polkadot ecosystem by attracting teams to build in the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. As an important member of the Growth team, you will contribute to our Go-To-Market Strategy which targets various segments of the Web3 ecosystem and you will enact this strategy via strategic outbound campaigns, nurturing inbound leads, and managing complex engagements.
We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of commercial acumen, business development experience, strategic thinking, familiarity and passion for Web3, and all of this underpinned by the right attitude.
The Partnerships team is responsible for planning and executing major partnerships that accomplish strategic objectives for the Polkadot ecosystem and drive high impact adoption for the Polkadot protocol and Substrate technology.
The Partnerships team is considered the ‘tip of the spear’ because of its involvement with exploring and enabling exciting new markets and use cases within Web 3. The team consists of an experienced and dynamic group of multifunctional, deal-oriented professionals that can drive high impact, exotic, multi-stakeholder deals across a variety of different business domains.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of building and leading high performing global business development and/or partnership-focused teams within the technology space.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a global team of high performing deal professionals and work with senior management to pave the way for your teams’ success
- Work closely with the Global Head of Ecosystem Growth & BD’ and internal executives to define global growth objectives and go-to-market approaches
- Develop relationships and drive strategic alignment with management and BD executives from external ecosystem teams (e.g. parachain teams)
- Oversee and drive deal execution, including end-to-end responsibility for lead generation, engagement, evaluation, contract structuring and negotiation
- Identify and develop relationships with ecosystem partners that are essential to the development of the wider growth strategy
- Collaborate with internal cross functional stakeholders to ensure compliant execution of deals (Compliance, Legal, and Finance)
What we’re looking for
- 15+ years of business development and strategic partnerships experience, including management of global teams
- In depth understanding of Web3 concepts and the wider Blockchain industry
- A proven network and deal making experience
- Able to engage effectively at all levels of an organisation (both internally and externally)
- Excel at simplifying complex business/product messaging into simplified understanding
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade / drive alignment among differing perspectives both internally and externally.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- You will understand blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to many jobs.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team retreats.