Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
We are seeking a highly experienced and strategic Head of Sales Strategy and Operations to join our team at Chainlink Labs. In this role, you will play a crucial role in driving the growth and success of our blockchain and web3 initiatives. You will collaborate closely with our sales and BD leaders to develop and execute effective sales strategies, optimize operational processes, and exceed revenue goals. If you have a strong background in sales strategy, and operations, and a passion for web3 technologies, we invite you to join our dynamic team and shape the future of blockchain.
Objectives of this Role
- Build and optimize the sales engine at Chainlink Labs, implementing scalable systems, processes, metrics, and incentives to drive revenue growth and exceed company goals.
- Collaborate with sales and BD leaders to expand our Deal/BD strategy into new markets and segments, ensuring the alignment of sales strategies with business objectives.
- Utilize your experience and expertise to redesign and program manage the execution of key sales programs such as SCALE, BUILD, CHANNEL, and CAP MARKET deal formats, including market segmentation, service tiering, resource estimation, and reporting.
- Lead the re-design of data architecture, reporting, and forecasting to provide timely and mission-critical information to leadership.
- Serve as a key point of coordination across cross-functional stakeholders, including marketing, legal, product, and finance, to ensure the success of sales programs.
- Support revenue outcomes by setting and tracking targets for our GTM (Go-to-Market) teams.
- Oversee the cross-functional deal approval process, from quotation to contract.
- Manage reporting cadences for GTM teams, including forecast, pipeline, and special updates as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales strategy, strategy program management, or sales operations, including a track record of successfully building sales engines and implementing standardized processes, quota setting, forecasting, and reporting processes.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication, and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners, including legal, finance, and product teams.
- Deep interest in blockchains and a genuine passion for web3 technologies.
- Demonstrated agility and adaptability, with the ability to quickly ramp up in new subject matter domains.
- Experience working in both well-established companies and startups, with a proven ability to scale deals and BD activity.
- Strong analytics capability to inform data-driven decision-making and strategy setting, coupled with excellent project management skills to coordinate complex strategic topics and large stakeholder groups.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating, and scaling systems infrastructure, particularly with core CRM systems such as SFDC.
- Direct experience working in web3 or blockchain companies.
- Background in management consulting or business strategy.
- Experience in building strategic partnerships or ecosystems.
- Located in EST or EMEA time zones.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.