The dYdX Foundation is an independent foundation, headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, created to participate in propelling dYdX, the most powerful decentralized derivatives protocol, into the future.
The dYdX ecosystem is rapidly approaching the potential mainnet release of the dYdX v4 open-source software – the dYdX Chain. The dYdX Chain will be a stand alone proof-of-stake blockchain network built using the Cosmos SDK and leveraging CometBFT for consensus.
At the dYdX Foundation, you will have an opportunity to foster community-driven growth over decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that could shape the course of the dYdX protocol.
About The Role
The dYdX Foundation is looking for an Operations Manager to assist the Governance Team. The Governance Team is tasked with enabling and supporting the decentralized governance of the current and future iterations of the dYdX protocol. This role is fully remote and you can be located anywhere but you should be (+/- 2 hours) from Switzerland (CET time zone).
What You’ll be Doing
- Develop and maintain governance documents to enable and streamline governance of the dYdX Chain.
- Own governance onboarding and education by creating guides and tutorials for the dYdX community.
- Support the governance proposals lifecycle from start to finish.
- Support resource allocation, establishing priorities, and defining delivery milestones.
- Responsible for planning, managing, unblocking and status reporting on governance initiatives.
- Make improvements to internal operations and design new processes based on community feedback and data analysis.
- Foster a culture of automation, ensuring that manual tasks are minimized and operational efficiency is maximized.
- Mobilize active participation in governance initiatives across Discord, forum, and on-chain voting to enhance efficiencies in decentralized decision-making.
- Conduct research and on-chain data analysis using crypto native analytical tools to support strategic governance decisions.
What We’re Looking for
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working in consulting, growth, project management or an operations role at a crypto startup
- Highly skilled in excel, data-analysis, and automating processes
- Process oriented and analytical mindset
- Project management, time management, and the ability to multitask
- Comfortable working remotely and independently with a global team
- Proactive and comfortable setting own priorities
- Knowledge of dYdX products, DAOs, Cosmos and the cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Crypto native or passionate about web3
- Experience with Mintscan, Dune Analytics, Etherscan, Google Analytics, and Metabase
- A strong understanding of governance and DAOs, dYdX’s product and DeFi in general
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
Why you should apply:
- We’ll provide you with a MacBook to help you do your best work
- Annual PTO + local holidays
- Yearly company retreat
- Home Office set-up reimbursement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Sports & Wellness reimbursement
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! While we believe we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our assumptions about who should fill this position.