Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 16 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK. We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work:
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source. This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
About the position:
Our Design team is seeking a talented graphic designer with extensive experience developing brand identities, architecting design systems, and designing a wide variety of marketing collateral for digital mediums. If you are a motivated and versatile designer who thrives in a fast-paced work environment you’ve come to the right place! Your work will be hugely impactful, as your designs will be promoted to the rapidly growing international Cosmos community (55K followers and growing). Join our ambitious team and plug into the most powerful blockchain ecosystem.
What you will be doing:
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as unify visuals for our various brands.
- Report to our Director of Design to present design concepts, incorporate feedback, and deliver final visual assets.
- Work on a diverse range of visual assets that span from corporate branding, marketing collateral, to logo design and technical diagrams.
- Prioritize and manage concurrent projects within design specifications, budget restrictions, and tight deadlines.
- Create engaging visual assets in collaboration with our Marketing team for promotion via various communications and social media channels.
- Ensure designs are executed with the standard of polish and quality that is expected from Tendermint.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 6-8+ years of professional experience in graphic design
- A masterful understanding of the fundamentals, like grid-based layouts, typography, and color theory.
- A compelling portfolio that shows creative range through a diverse set of clientele.
- A deep passion for accurately communicating ideas through graphical and typographical mediums.
- An keen eye for pixel-perfect detail and grammatical issues in marketing copy – high proficiency in English preferred.
- Extensive experience with industry standard graphics software, such as the Adobe Suite.
- An appreciation of the the possibilities and limitations of designing for a large variety of screens, devices, and levels of user accessibility.
- Experience with producing visual assets optimized for the web.
Nice to have:
- Passion about what cryptocurrency and blockchain can do for humanity.
- Ability to explain abstract technical concepts in a simple manner, using appropriate visuals – and motion graphics as a bonus.
- An interest in animation, with experience in motion graphics tools like After Effects
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary (for this position, the Level is 8-9 IC and the salary range is $115000 – 137500)
- To apply, please go through our online application process and include a cover letter, links to your work or online portfolio, and talk about your favorite project in the Cosmos space.