As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About The Role
Kraken is a market leader in the most innovative and fastest growing industry in the world, and our Business Development Team is at the tip of the trident. The Head of Business Development will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders and leaders across the business to chart our Business Development strategy, effectively prioritize and establish impactful partnerships, and grow a team of world-class business development professionals with a mandate to propel the business forward.
The ideal candidate is an established and proactive leader with experience driving successful partnerships at a hyper-growth technology company and has experience building frameworks to evaluate and prioritize new partnership categories without an established “playbook”. Reporting to the VP of Business Operations and Expansion, you’ll be an integral leader in a high- performing, high-octane function that also includes Corporate Development and Business Operations.
To be successful, you will have to be able to juggle responsibilities across multiple endeavors inparallel, anticipate industry, market, and operational challenges, and be very flexible on the interpersonal level and very organized on a professional level. We would expect you to be articulate, sensible, able to coordinate with other peers and senior executives, and collaborate and deliver results in a fast-paced environment where teamwork, professionalism, confidentiality, and communication are essential. You will be a very key leader, with a mandate to define and manage a highly influential team of business development and strategic partnership professionals.
What You’ll Do:
- Define Kraken’s global Business Development and strategic partnerships strategy, and drive execution to deliver impactful results
- Grow and lead a highly performant Business Development team
- Identify and prioritize a portfolio of key partnership opportunities with the potential to accelerate Kraken’s growth and strategic objectives
- Own the critical partnership process – including identification of attractive markets, vetting of key candidates based on commercial attractiveness, structuring highly valuable relationships, negotiating advantageous terms, and delivering impactful results
- Craft high-priority, bespoke relationships to advance Kraken’s strategic interests, improve customer experience, and accelerate revenues
- Formulate repeatable partnership programs that account for requirements of successful ecosystem, the benefits to the participants, and the levers of value creation for all parties
- Design partnership options that account for prudent or even limited internal resource commitments, including engineering, product, marketing, and finance
- Build consensus across Executive, Functional Leadership and the wider organization to pursue and deliver results
- Contribute to the professional development of broader team and direct reports
- Build and maintain extensive network in crypto and maintain meaningful relationships to stay on top of key trends and industry developments
- Proficiently communicate the value of working with Kraken to potential partners
Who You Are:
- Experience as a Business Development leader at a leading crypto, FinTech, or hyper growth consumer tech company
- Track record of delivering exceptional and measurable results across multiple partnerships (big and small)
- Extensive experience with developing actionable partnership strategies for new categories and segments while effectively overseeing more mature programs
- Intellectually curious with a strong understanding of and passion for the crypto industry
- Demonstrated track record of managing deals across the BD lifecycle, from initial contact to negotiation and from closing and through relationship management
- Ability to drive consensus and coordinate process with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and beyond
- Executive presence: compelling communicator, storyteller, and presenter
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to set strategic direction, effectively recruit new team members, and lead by example
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to build business cases and analyze / model key economic drivers
- Strong network across FinTechs, DeFi, and NFTs are a plus
- Preference for meaningful international business experience, as well as candidates with strong grounding in Product Management, Business
- Development, Strategic Partnerships, and Strategy
Location Tagging: #CANADA #US #EU #LI-Remote #LI-MT1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.