Origin Protocol’s mission is to bring NFTs and DeFi to the masses and reach the next 100M users in crypto. Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users’ wallets. Our NFT value accrual token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, recently launched and is available on Huobi, Gate.io, and other top exchanges (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/origin-dollar-governance).
We are looking for a passionate Head of Community Growth and Engagement that is dynamic and results-oriented. You will directly engage with members across Origin Protocols community platforms (Discord, Twitter, Telegram & Linkedin), while also managing other responsibilities related to community engagement, development, and growth. You will also oversee and be responsible for the performance and management of our Community Team that currently has members in the US, China, Korea, Turkey, etc.
The Head of Community Growth and Engagement will be responsible for developing the strategy that enables users to thrive and succeed within the Origin Community. You will be responsible for making Origin’s community world-class and instilling operational excellence. This is an exceptional opportunity for a veteran community builder with growth experience and significant marketing and strategy chops. You will directly manage a small team of community managers that are already on staff. In this role, you will be part of the marketing team and work closely together with the Content, Product and Business Development teams to build a community around Origin Protocols flagship products, Origin Story and OUSD. Bring your passion for connecting people with products and help Origin onboard the next 100m Web3 users.
Join our Discord and check us out!
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in building, maintaining and growing online communities to drive community engagement in Discord and Telegram.
- Prior experience in launching community initiatives (e.g., managing a global CM team, launching an ambassador program)
- Ability to represent Origin publicly in a manner that aligns with our Core Values
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong planning, management and reporting skills
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Previous experience managing a remote team highly preferred!
- How to Apply
Apply below and be sure to tell us:
- Why you are a good fit for this job
- Links to your LinkedIn, your public social media profiles (Twitter is a must), Discord, or website
- Links to any public crypto wallets
- Examples of your previous work you are proud of
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary in USD and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV).
- Self-managed time off with a recommendation of 21 days minimum
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance through BCBS/Kaiser
- Quarterly Stipend to R3 Health to help you be your best self
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Stipend towards additional equipment beyond the company provided for home office needs, or toward co-working space.
- Distributed workforce with the ability to work from anywhere in the world
- Culture first mentality with periodic in person retreats to recharge and connect with your team
Who is Origin?
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~35 includes former employees from YouTube, Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, Lyft and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We’ve worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.