Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About The Office of the CTO
The Office of the CTO engages in activities to help the whole of ConsenSys. We help build out infrastructure to support innovation, incubate projects, and identify problems that ConsenSys is uniquely positioned to solve. We’ve got a great team of people who get to work across the organisation to find ways to get the best impact. We value independent flexible thinking people who can work together with others to help ConsenSys build the software that powers Ethereum.
What you’ll do
ConsenSys is becoming increasingly data driven. Being able to have high quality data is essential to our success. As we do this we want to ensure that we respect the values of ConsenSys and our ecosystem. In particular, it is essential that we preserve privacy while collecting and utilizing data for good decision making.
We are looking to hire a Head of Data to fill this position and to help us do this.
In this role you will:
- Oversee data management, data analytics, and data governance
- Ensure data quality
- Spearhead data strategy
- Work closely with the product leadership to ensure that we are improving our products with data (made interesting by keeping a strong privacy preserving ethos)
- Work closely with finance to ensure we are able to report and communicate well (particularly interesting in our multi token web3 business model)
- Work closely with marketing to help capture the right data to get our message out to the world
- Work with the compliance and privacy officers to ensure the appropriate privacy preserving controls are in place
- Work closely with HR to attract and retain top talent
- Lead the build out of our data infrastructure to make this all happen
- You will be a key part of the executive team to help make this happen
It is expected that you will help guide our data strategy and the implementation of it. This will involve identifying and hiring the right people to work with you, leading the development of the right data platforms and tools, and working with the key stakeholders to ensure that we are becoming a data driven company. Over time it is expected that you will help us extend our data strategy, including guiding our use of data scientists and help us to leverage new technologies to understand our customers through data and how to better serve them.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- You see yourself as a member of the leadership team and a driver of growth
- A love for strategy, negotiations and establishing new businesses. This is a dynamic, creative role, requiring a master of multiple disciplines.
- You know how to use your technical skills in the context of the business to influence people and lead change
- Experienced in risk management
- Proven high performance results
Nice to Have OR Bonus Points
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- A willingness to help out where needed – regardless of the scope of your role
- An understanding of the Blockchain and Ethereum ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of MINIMUM $250,000. For this seniority level of role, compensation is negotiable and shouldn’t prevent you from applying.