Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
As the Head of Design for Polygon Labs, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the visual identity, user experience, and overall design strategy of Polygon Labs. You will lead a tribe of talented designers, collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and manage stakeholder expectations to deliver high quality creative output.
- Mentor, nurture, and lead a squad of designers, setting the gold standard for design excellence. Cultivate a design culture that’s as bold as the Web3 space itself.
- Manage stakeholders, keeping them aligned with the team’s progress, initiatives, and goals.
- Create and execute a compelling visual identity, comprehensive design system and brand collaterals/templates for Polygon Labs interfaces and ecosystem initiatives.
- Ensure everything we ship is consistent with our design and branding standards.
- Create high-quality wireframes, mocks, and interactive prototypes to help define the best solutions.
- Humanize all aspects of the Polygon protocols through intuitive and user-friendly technical diagrams that positions the Polygon protocols as a leader in the blockchain space.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create captivating visuals for marketing campaigns, presentations, and social media.
- Ensure that designs meet industry standards, compliance requirements, and accessibility guidelines.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and design tools to keep Polygon Labs design approach cutting-edge.
- 5+ years of experience in design, with at least 2 years in a leadership or management role in Web3.
- A strong portfolio showcasing experience in UI/UX and branding in the web3 space.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping software.
- Strong knowledge of blockchain and Polygon technology and the broader web3 ecosystem and community..
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and globally distributed team.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance*
Company matching 401k with 3% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
$75 Internet or phone reimbursement
Flexible Time Off
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Mental health and employee wellness benefits
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for employees & their dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.