Decentralised Finance (DeFi) is at a crossroads. It has slowly evolved from being just a deep tech domain. Blockchain and crypto are slowly becoming household names. As we are exploring new frontiers of blockchain technology, it becomes difficult for people to understand and use it efficiently. The design language becomes a crucial edge for Ren Labs to be successful.
This role will be driving the strategic visual direction for all components of the organisation. From UIs, brand assets, marketing collateral, and more. You will start with Ren Labs’ flagship project, Catalog and contribute to other Ren Labs ventures in the future. The candidate will be defining Catalog’s visual identity through all mediums to ultimately demonstrate what Catalog is and what it can be.
Key Outcomes & Responsibilities
- Oversee all design projects from conception to delivery.
- Oversee all design and copy for public facing material.
- Design user interfaces for websites and applications.
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and brand graphics.
- Design consistent templates for presentations, social posts, etc.
- Create marketing, educational, and communication material.
- Liaise with relevant sub-teams to ensure visual components are seen through to completion, and implemented with accuracy.
- Assist the team with ideas and provide them with creative input for new designs.
- Regular meetings and stand-ups to report on status of tasks.
- Professional experience as a designer (in-house and/or freelance) with a portfolio of completed design projects.
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator) and Figma. Experience with other design tools is a plus.
- An eye for design with strong attention to detail should go without saying.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) are a huge plus.
- An interest in blockchain and DeFi (decentralised finance) to help convey our technical concepts to others.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Above all else, a drive to make Catalog be seen as in industry leader with regards to UI/UX.
Perks and Benefits
💰 Competitive salary: Salary at market payscale adjusted for experience.
🏔 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
🧘♀️ Flexible hours: Help you navigate around other responsibilities in life.
📈 Beyond the line: We notice and appreciate every time you over-deliver through bonuses. You can choose between token allocation or monetary bonus.
💻 Home office setup: Funds to bootstrap your work from home setup!
👓 Growth fund: Invest in continuous learning and development.
⛺️ Vacation: Flexible time off for you to unwind from work.
⛱ Sabbaticals: In addition to vacation – Take a 6-week sabbatical, fully paid, after every 5 years with Ren Labs.
How to Apply
- Email your CV/LinkedIn, along with your design portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line: Ren Labs HR | “Job Title”
About Ren Labs
Ren Labs is a global leader in multichain technology. We are the R&D studio behind Ren, a cross-chain interoperability project which has bridged assets over $ 10 billion. Ren Labs is founded by the visionaries behind Ren and KeeperDAO.
Ren Labs started as a group of strangers at the Australian National University in 2017. Now, we are a family of 20+ members, spread across 5+ countries and just getting started. Our vision is to build an ecosystem of dApps on top of the multichain to bring DeFi close to mainstream usability.
Our first product in that line, Catalog, has just raised $7.5 million at a $75 million valuation. Catalog is a decentralised cross-chain decentralized exchange (DEX) built for the multichain. We are excited to build a full-fledged unit in India to develop this new product and many more in the future.
Upwards and Onwards!