We believe access to stable money is a human right. Almost two billion people around the world don’t have a safe place to store their money or are excluded from financial services such as payments and credit. Struggles with inflationary currencies prevent families and communities from building basic economic security. Unjust financial systems follow arbitrary borders that limit access to financial tools and stable currency. Financial stability remains out of reach. Opportunity is segregated by these artificial lines and inequalities expand.
We currently offer financial services in high inflation economies so that everyone can protect the value of their money. Our app users in Latin America can easily save and spend in US dollars, without worrying about their money devaluing overnight.
But we’re not a bank. Reserve is a new way to store and move money. Creating new savings and spending experiences beyond borders that require novel user experience and technical innovation.
We imagine a world where everyone has access to stable currency. Each and every person is able to send and receive payments worldwide, as easy and cost-effective as a WhatsApp message. The whole world has access to easy, non-predatory credit, as well as income and investment opportunities.
With a mission to rebuild how the financial structure works beyond the imaginary lines that humanity has created, at Reserve you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career in today’s interconnected world. Join us as we come together to reenvision financial inclusion for all.
Design at Reserve
As the leader for the Design team, you will create an environment where individuals are inspired to do incredible work, building trust with them and across the organization. You can hire and lead accomplished people, while also creating a space where Designers and Creatives are safe to take risks in the pursuit of differentiated work.
As the Head of Design, you will directly report to the COO alongside the Head of Product and CTO and partner with your peers in Product, Marketing, CX and Engineering. We are a remote first organization. Your team will oversee every touchpoint of a customer’s experience with Reserve, from their first marketing or brand interaction all the way through their ongoing experiences inside the products to shape and choreograph an exceptional customer experience.
We are adding quickly to our initial collection of financial tools as we continue to expand globally and you will lead a creatively diverse team as you build the brand, add features, launch new products, and innovate and build new solutions that allow us to scale effectively.
You will lead the creative vision and visual communication for Reserve. You are energized around developing creative brand strategy and narratives that put our customers at the center. As a passionate storyteller and hands-on leader, you will amplify design at Reserve by managing and leading, cultivating design disciplines and scaling our team as we take on the next era for the business. You will encourage collaboration across Reserve, enabling us to deliver impactful experiences that guide our mission, business and brand forward.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords
What you will do
- Manage a multi-disciplinary design team, providing direction, developing strong design process, and inspiring a healthy, inclusive design culture
- Drive and elevate the overarching design strategy and own the creative brand direction for Reserve, in collaboration with executive leadership peers
- Establish cohesive brand aesthetics and creative direction to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- Translate product and go-to-market strategy into powerful and purposeful creative that inspires customers and deepens understanding
- Bring a keen systematic and visual eye to the Reserve app product experience and be a leading voice in blueprinting our future
- Be a brand thinker; be passionate about bridging the gap between brand and product, ensuring a connected, cohesive and expressive Reserve app
- Build relationships with team members from Engineering, Product, and CX and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution
- Guide the careers and development of your team, ensuring the amplification and growth of team members
- Drive discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations, and tools throughout all of Reserve
- Build and scale design systems infrastructure and best-in-class design tooling
What you will need
- 12+ years of professional design experience
- 4+ years of experience leading and building multi-disciplinary design and creative teams
- Proven track record of being an influential design leader and delivering delightful and impactful experiences
- Proven ability to collaborate closely with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional leaders to build, influence, and implement strategic product roadmaps
- A diverse portfolio of work across Product and Brand that illustrates your ability to have impact and lead processes that solve difficult problems
- Demonstrated experience handling various profiles, styles and media such as illustration, 3D, video, animation or other (as appropriate)
- Clear point of view on creative, while maintaining an openness to new ideas
- Passion for building a high trust environment, and fluency motivating a team of experienced designers and creatives
- A kind and conscientious attitude
- Unmatched attention to detail
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of gratitude
- Pre-existing deep empathy for our customers and our mission, or the learning and empathizing abilities to get there quickly
- An intense desire to solve problems
Logistics, in a nutshell
- Location: anywhere, but expect to be online for a decent part of the US workday
- Comp: we can match any offer you have, and can do full cash or include upside in RSR tokens
- Stability: we have a large cash treasury, so can offer high job security
- Language: English native-level fluency required, bilingual proficiency in Spanish is a plus