LayrLabs is building a protocol called EigenLayer that provides crypto-economic security as a service to novel distributed applications such as rollups, bridges, and oracles. Typically these projects are designed to be secured by their own token. However, because it is difficult to bootstrap the value of a new token, this often leads to situations where projects lack sufficient capital to strongly secure their networks.
With EigenLayer, projects come to Ethereum for staked security in place of or in addition to their own token. Stakers in the Ethereum proof-of-stake (PoS) network opt in to “re-stake” their Ether through EigenLayer to crypto-economically secure these projects. The projects and their users pay fees back to re-stakers in exchange for stronger security guarantees.
EigenLayer makes it possible for developers to build new blockchain networks and protocols that launch with high crypto-economic security, without the need to bootstrap a large amount of value into their own token prior to launch. We believe this modularization of crypto-economic security unlocks new possibilities for open and permissionless innovation.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Head of Developer Relations to lead the onboarding of developers and projects onto EigenLayer, and EigenDA – which is the first middleware built on and sourcing security through EigenLayer, and which provides data availability throughput to rollups. This is a full-time position that is fully remote or located in either San Francisco or Seattle.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the lead technical partner and point-of-contact for teams using EigenLayer and EigenDA. This includes rollups, validators, and middleware developers across the crypto ecosystem.
- Enable developers to build successfully on our technology, providing prototypes, code samples, developer guides, and technical support to guide them every step of the way.
- Lead developer engagement and communications, including updating our community on protocol updates, providing code support in Discord, participating in hackathons, and speaking/teaching at virtual and in-person conferences.
- Synthesize developer feedback into clear technical requirements, and work with the engineering team to improve our products accordingly.
In order to do this work effectively, you will need to:
- Accurately assess the needs of partner projects in detail, and concisely propose and explain potential technical solutions, including designs and trade-off considerations.
- Provide proof-of-concept and reference implementations for potential integrations with EigenLayer and EigenDA.
- Constantly learn new concepts, ideas, and frameworks, as you work across many different projects and technologies.
- Build strong relationships with technical leaders and engineers from projects across the Ethereum and broader crypto ecosystem.
- Travel to major industry hackathons and conferences several times a year.
You have mastered CS fundamentals and related technical skills:
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years in developer relations or solutions architecture in blockchain or developer-focused software companies.
- Familiarity with the Ethereum roadmap and the modular blockchain thesis.
- Ideally, experience with some of the key technologies we use across the blockchain, cryptography, and distributed systems domains: Solidity and other smart contract languages, polynomial commitments, signature schemes, hash functions, erasure codes, and multithreaded/parallel computing.
You find teaching and community engagement fulfilling:
- A strong track record of speaking, presenting, and teaching highly technical topics, virtually and/or in-person.
- Experience participating in major crypto industry hackathons and conferences; even better if you have helped organize or lead any events or community programs.
You enjoy contributing in a startup environment:
- You are a self starter that thrives in a small team environment and is capable of wearing multiple hats in different situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently or with a team.
- High attention to detail and ability to remain organized with multiple simultaneous projects.
You want to contribute to crypto’s potential to improve people’s lives:
- You’re passionate about blockchains and cryptocurrency, and believe these technologies will change the world.
- Recognize the culture and community in crypto are different from other professional software industries, and know you want to embrace and improve them.