Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions of prosperity for all.
Globally, about one in every three adults do not have a bank account. As a simple consequence of this, they don’t have a straightforward means of receiving or storing value across distance, and therefore are excluded from a large part of the global economy. We believe that to create a truly inclusive financial system, we must start by building an infrastructure to serve those excluded from the current system. Further, we believe that if we are able to do so, the resulting system will be more useful, more resilient, more full-featured, and more accessible for everybody.
C Labs (working on Celo) is searching for an experienced Head of Finance and Controlling to effectively manage the corporate finance tasks for the organization, including accounting operations, internal controls and compliance, financial reporting, strategic analysis, and short and long-term financial planning. Working on the Celo platform, we are redefining financial services and engagement for emerging markets.
The innovations behind Celo are based on work that our founders have engaged in over the last 20 years, from researching peer-to-peer reputation systems, to building decentralized identity prototypes using semantic web technologies at MIT.
Our Company, with offices in San Francisco and Berlin, is growing quickly and the Head of Finance & Controlling will play a leading role in helping drive the strategic focus of our organization.
You will need to ensure maximum reliability and effectiveness of information produced, enabling the Company to make well-informed decisions. The successful Head of Finance & Controlling is a clear communicator, highly analytical, and possesses the necessary skills and experience to work effectively in a team. The ideal candidate has a collaborative attitude, makes thoughtful decisions in a timely manner and never hesitates to roll up her sleeves to execute a broad range of financial management responsibilities. You have an eye for detail, hold yourself to the highest standard and are inspired to coach others to success.
- Lead accounting and reporting, audit management, budgeting and planning, cash planning, corporate treasury and tax functions globally
- Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal controls to ensure conformance and compliance with U.S. GAAP, applicable local GAAP, and the Company’s financial accounting policies and global consolidation
- Manage the month-end close process and accounting staff
- Create forward looking financial models to support strategic decision making
- Analyze all aspects of financial performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop and manage the successful roll-out of company wide budgeting and reporting tools
- Develop company wide and department specific financial management reports including Board of Directors reports
- Manage all tax compliance including federal, state, and sales and use taxes
- Working with other groups across the Company, assesses enterprise risks for measurement and tracking
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the governance teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred
- At least 5 Years of experience in an Accounting, Tax or FP&A function
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Knowledge of statistics, economics, mathematics, finance and accounting
- Highly organized and responsive to tight deadlines
- Management experience
- Experience with cryptocurrencies preferred
- Simultaneously an independent analytical thinker and high-energy team-player
- Ability to manage the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Understands and thrives from Celo’s vision of building financial products for underbanked populations
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.