Pagoda, formerly Near Inc, is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role
Pagoda is looking to strengthen our team with a hands-on Head of Finance who can contribute with strong domain expertise excelling in a startup environment.
This is a unique role to support our teams as we embrace our hypergrowth. As the Head of Finance, your role is both breadth-first and depth-first. You’ll be taking over as much of that responsibility as you can handle and as fast as you can learn.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the development of a hyper-growth global blockchain company
- Build and manage a team of four to six people, including Accounting, Controlling and Payment Operations
- Steward the budget process, including forecasting hiring needs, to ensure teams are positioned to deliver on business goals
- Oversee financial and token accounting
- Interface with Operations, PeopleOps, Legal, auditors, and tax authorities, to ensure high-performing operation of Pagoda
- Oversee financial reporting and provide transparency on business performance
- Put in place efficient and scalable processes to take the company to the next level
- Implement and manage strategies to reduce risk
- Collaborate with leadership and product teams to develop and execute revenue strategies
What We’re Looking For:
- Exceptional intelligence and breadth of business knowledge and high EQ
- Ideally you’ll have 7+ years of experience growing a successful company
- Outstanding business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Stellar attention to detail and process orientation
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space
- Demonstrated experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment/ thrive amidst rapid change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is a must
We’d Love If You Have:
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This role is remote but candidates must be based in the US.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.