OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we’ve also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business.
At OpenSea, we know it’s critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader for this newly created role reporting directly to the VP of Operations. As the Finance & Business Operations lead, you will be one of the first members of our finance and operations team and will work across all teams to lead mission critical, cross-functional efforts, guide our strategic planning process and help drive execution on strategic initiatives. You will build relationships with senior leaders in every area of the business in this highly visible and impactful role. The perfect candidate is someone who is looking for a place to develop the skills to be a future CFO or COO in the technology industry.
– Facilitate OpenSea’s Strategic Planning Process from end to end. Partner with senior leaders across each function to ensure we are building innovative strategies, driving strong prioritization to achieve business outcomes, and delivering operational plans against them.
– Own the development of OpenSea’s annual financial operating plan. Deeply understand business models and key drivers that matter given OpenSea’s broader business objectives. Package and gain executive buy-in of product and business roadmaps. Partner with teams to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency.
– Drive the company’s entire OKR process with an emphasis on a culture of accountability through check-ins. Ensure OpenSea is creating clear goals for employees at every level. Drive monthly and quarterly business reviews.
– Assist in driving OpenSea’s weekly executive staff meeting. Prepare dashboards to track key metrics and highlight cross-functional dependencies.
– Continuously pressure test the way we think about the business, leading ongoing business analytics to identify trends, and deliver insights to leadership to inform strategy.
Scale function and move from player to coach as the company continues to grow. Attract, mentor and develop amazing talent.
– 12+ years of experience in e-commerce or brand management, corporate strategy, consulting or banking.
– Experience with consumer-facing products, blockchain or cryptocurrency, startup experience is a plus.
– Able to move seamlessly from big picture thinking to operational tactics.
– You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to leadership, front-line team members and everyone in between.
– You have a founder mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit.
– Experience building and managing complex financial models and designing and executing complex data analyses to deliver insights on business performance.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.