Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions of prosperity for all.
Globally, about one in every three adults do not have a bank account. As a simple consequence of this, they don’t have a straightforward means of receiving or storing value across distance, and therefore are excluded from a large part of the global economy. We believe that to create a truly inclusive financial system, we must start by building an infrastructure to serve those excluded from the current system. Further, we believe that if we are able to do so, the resulting system will be more useful, more resilient, more full-featured, and more accessible for everybody.
To help Celo accelerate through our next phase of rapid growth and development, we’re hiring our first Head of Growth. Celo is driven by purpose and we believe this role has a unique opportunity to shape the future of work at Celo where openness to testing and iterating new ideas not only welcomed but encouraged. We’re looking for someone to develop education & growth strategies for global Celo markets, while defining and delivering on KPIs. This person will thrive in a fast-paced and contribute to a collaborative culture where your work will have a direct impact on Celo’s purpose and growth.
- Talk regularly to users and prospects and work with other teams for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform work
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research and product understanding by partnering with cross-functional teams and end user communities to support go-to-market strategy and drive product marketing strategy for product launches
- Work with analytics to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis as well as identify and flag roadblocks to user adoption and retention across markets
- Help shape the Celo roadmap and support needs based on local market insights and collaborate closely with in-market teams to design local campaigns to drive awareness, adoption, and retention
- Designing and overseeing both global campaigns with partners as well as localized campaigns in collaboration with in-country person to create local content, do A/B testing of messages, and implement campaigns
- Represent the Celo brand (media, conferences, events, etc.)
- Help build out the team by identifying the right talent, conducting inclusive interviews, successfully on-boarding new people, and dedicating time to leading, coaching, and growing the team
- Ability and appetite to operate fluidly between 30,000- foot strategy level and the details of a micro-campaign in a local market
- Agility to work in an evolving space and new geographies where the familiar ways of doing things may not apply and demonstrating sensitivity to work across cultures and with vulnerable and traditionally marginalized communities
- Track record of coming up with and executing innovative, novel acquisition and retention activities that exceed set goals, in a resourceful, collaborative manner
- Proven ability to communicate complex themes with simplicity and clarity while demonstrating empathy and curiosity about the customer experience
- Data-driven management acumen and a solid grasp of the metrics that drive success, setting up the appropriate processes for managing analytics and the gathering of user/segment insights
- 10+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, growth & operational roles, ideally including in the consumer finance space
Nice to have:
- Experience scaling a business internationally, especially in developing/emerging markets
- Experience with blockchain & cryptocurrencies, mobile money and/or open source
- Experience executing strategies that reach offline communities
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.