Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Status seeks a motivated and entrepreneurial Head of Investor Relations and Fundraising Manager to join our fully remote, global team and help us build and manage relationships with stakeholders across the Web3 ecosystem and beyond.
This is a new, exciting opportunity to help shape the future success of Status. Status has been operating as a blockchain venture studio, and comprises a number of web3 infrastructure projects. We are looking for an individual to help further develop and execute upon our fundraising plans in parallel with our rebranding efforts, through working closely with our Founders, Finance and Communications teams.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in web3, a deep understanding of the investment landscape, and a proven track record of successfully communicating with and engaging investors in a nascent industry.
As our Head of Investor Relations, you’ll be joining a currently well-capitalized, cryptocurrency startup in its growth phase.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive investor relations strategy that aligns with the project goals and objectives of our Co-founders & teams
- Seek out and maintain relationships with current and potential investors, including both traditional and crypto venture capital firms / investors
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company’s mission and strategy
- Communicate the company’s financial and business performance, progress towards milestones, and future plans to investors and other stakeholders
- Respond to investor inquiries and coordinate earnings calls, analyst days, and other investor events alongside Co-founders
- Work closely with the Co-founders and other members of the leadership team to ensure consistent messaging and transparent communication with investors and our core contributors
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory requirements and best practices in investor relations in the Web3 ecosystem
What you bring:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in investor relations, with a focus on the web3 ecosystem
- Experience in, and a passion for, Web3
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field
- Solid understanding of the investment landscape and experience working with Growth-stage start-ups / scale ups
- Deep familiarity with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring employees and investors
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent attention to detail & a blend of finance, marketing and communication knowledge
- Proven track record of successfully managing investor relations programs
- Experience working for an open source organization.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $130,000 – $160,000 annual (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
Performance bonus for leading a successful round in any of our projects of up to $100,000.
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our Talent team
- Interview with Carl, Status Co-founder
- Interview with Jarrad, Status Co-founder
- Interview with Kaushal, Head of BD
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Get to know us:
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 150+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That’s why everything we do is completely public to the entire community.