Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions of prosperity for all.
Globally, about one in every three adults do not have a bank account. As a simple consequence of this, they don’t have a straightforward means of receiving or storing value across distance, and therefore are excluded from a large part of the global economy. We believe that to create a truly inclusive financial system, we must start by building an infrastructure to serve those excluded from the current system. Further, we believe that if we are able to do so, the resulting system will be more useful, more resilient, more full-featured, and more accessible for everybody.
To help Celo accelerate through our next phase of rapid growth and development, we’re hiring our first Head of People. Celo is driven by purpose and believe this role has a unique opportunity to shape the future of work at Celo where openness to testing and iterating new ideas not only welcomed but encouraged. We’re looking for a passionate, creative, and humble leader to create and implement global, best-in-class programs and processes that put people first. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative culture where your work will have a direct impact on Celo’s purpose and growth.
- Act as a coach at all levels, from being a strategic advisor to company founders as well as a mentor to new employees
- Advance and manage thoughtful, scalable, and global “people first” policies and programs shaping the employee lifecycleBuild a “teal” organization, focused on networked leadership, wholeness, and evolutionary purpose
- Balance being a strategic leader with performing operational/tactical responsibilities
- Develop and maintain programs for onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, long-term organizational planning, and employee training programs
- Create a comprehensive compensation strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies
- Proactively and empathetically address workplace and personnel issues – including resolving difficult interpersonal and employees retention issues
- A passion for Celo’s mission to create a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR/People with experience managing people, preferably 5+ years and global management experience
- Strong project management skills and a track record of being highly organized and detail-oriented while navigating ambiguity
- High social and emotional intelligence with a passion for mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people across global locations
- Experience building and maintaining best-in-class people programs
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks and requisite LaCroix
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.