NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role
We are building the team rapidly across the globe. We also support the developers and entrepreneurs of the NEAR ecosystem along their respective journeys as much as we can. Our goal is to create an inclusive ecosystem where its members grow, learn and collaborate together rather than operate in silos.
To achieve the first part of this, you will need to extend and augment Near Inc’s existing people operations to handle the scale at which we need to operate. You will own the implementation of programs which support the culture of the company, including everything from learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and team wellness. Basically, your mission is to make everyone working at Near Inc wake up each day excited and empowered to build.
Because people are the lifeblood of this team and project, you will have full access to the resources and people you need to facilitate your mission. You will be expected to own the result and do whatever it takes to get there, including laying out a roadmap and building out your own team along the way. You will interact frequently with all areas of the company.
To be successful, you will need to bring the unlikely combination of 3 things:
- A strong and creative vision for building a world class, people-focused, open source culture
- Experience building, leading and managing teams which are people-first but also highly effective and operational
- Familiarity with the zeitgeist of the blockchain and developer-focused open source communities
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create the long term vision and strategy of the People function
- Implementation of a clear people growth plan and culture support plan that scales with rapid organizational growth
- Implementation of a robust orientation/onboarding experience for new hires
- Operationalize a market-leading compensation and benefits program
- Implementation of new initiatives, such as DE&I, wellness, L&D, and HR compliance programs
- Build out and manage a high performing People team
What We’re Looking For
This is a senior-level position which requires someone who combines the experience of working in successful technology ventures with the scrappiness of someone who understands startups and the open source space in which we work. Specifically:
- Ideally you’ll have 10+ years experience working in people operations, human resources and similar roles which required you to own programs end-to-end.
- Has led the scaling of a tech startup from approximately 100 to 500 people and/or built out an open source developer community of core contributors along the same path
- Experienced navigating an engineering culture
- Demonstrated ability to build world class teams and create strong cultures in large organizations and open source projects.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is a must
This is a full-time, remote position with Near Inc. Candidates must be based in the US.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.