NEAR Foundation is hiring a Head of Policy. The goal of this role is to increase the NEAR Foundation’s profile and impact in Web3 policy and advocacy by regularly contributing to initiatives from regulators, lawmakers and industry bodies. We expect the candidate to work closely with industry partners, policymakers and internal team to amplify and build upon NF’s Policy Principles of protection of developers, validators and users
- Establish the NEAR Foundation as an impactful policy leader (Europe, America, Asia) to influence and shape regulatory and policy developments and facilitate growth and innovation in Web3.
- Develop and execute policy strategies to advance the goals of NF and the NEAR ecosystem.
- Engage and build relationships with industry partners, regulators and policymakers.
- Represent NF at public forums, industry panels and government discussions.
- Enable NF to successfully navigate the regulatory landscape, minimizing risk and ensuring compliance. Coordinate with internal teams to provide subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated public policy or legal experience with excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of decentralized technologies and its technical, economic and social implications.
- Familiarity and preferably experience with the regulatory landscape of Web3.
- Prior experience in engaging with government and regulatory bodies, industry associations and similar.
- Experience in policy development and implementation within a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of articulating complex concepts clearly to a diverse audience.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence a range of stakeholders.
- Willing to travel internationally for team offsites and/or conferences.
- Able to work with a global remote team and can be flexible to attend meetings to accommodate the global team.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual’s interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.