Everybody and their mother working on blockchains loves the word “decentralization”. On a broad, world-changing scale, we can all agree that decentralization is important; yet, when we zoom into the specifics of how to build this decentralized world, many variegated visions emerge. Whether it’s defi, identity, art, healthcare, or anything in between, a single dependency unites each dream for the future: scalability
We are building the critical infrastructure to address this need. Optimistic Ethereum is an extension to Ethereum that scales both its technology and philosophy. Not only do we enable orders of magnitude more performance, we’re also doubling down on Ethereum’s values as a public good, never to be captured by private commercial interests. Ethereum will enable the greatest change in human coordination since the birth of the internet, and Optimism is here to bring it to the masses.
This is an opportunity to make your mark! You will use your mix of technical, product management, and leadership skills to own the product vibe; what it looks and feels like, while driving the lifecycle from ideation to implementation. You will lead the Product team, managing current team members, recruiting new ones, and driving forward the protocol until we have fully decentralized Optimism into Optimistic Ethereum.
What are the role responsbilities?
- Lead the Product & Integrations team
- Responsible for the end-to-end process from strategy to execution of product development and specification
- Have a deep focus on data and partner/customer engagement to draw insights and identify gaps in developer experience
- Partner with engineering team to write technical specifications and to prioritize features, solutions and fixes
- Brainstorm, test, and iterate on solutions and drive decision making
- Manage the lifecycle of integrating applications onto Optimistic Ethereum
What skills do you bring?
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a mix of product manager and engineering roles, including several years managing highly technical products (crypto, VMs, etc.)
- Prior management experience, strong leadership skills
- Ability to deeply project manage specific projects while juggling several of them at a time
- Deep familiarity with the crypto space/ecosystem
- A background in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent skills
- A passion for working on a community based product and finding simplicity in solutions
- A data-driven approach, understanding of MVP and good judgment on when to ship
What will you like about us?
- Solving groundbreaking problems in computer science
- Working with a world-class team developing a technically challenging product critical to scaling Ethereum
- Fully remote, deeply engaged, highly skilled, and yet really FUN team environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package