Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
Xapo’s Finance function manages the group’s Balance Sheet and P&L, maintaining a balanced structure within an regulated risk framework. The Treasury organization manages and invests the liquidity resources of the Group and initiates all relevant treasury operations across payment networks, cryptocurrency exchanges/ markets and derivative markets. All activities of the treasury function must be performed within an established regulated treasury risk framework to monitor and optimize capital, credit, liquidity and market risk exposures.
Being a regulated entity with the mission to protect our customer’s life savings, Xapo’s investment strategies are focused on generating sustainable returns for Xapo and our customers.
As Head of Treasury you will be instrumental in developing our internal treasury function and managing the Company’s different assets (crypto and fiat). A successful Head of Treasury will have the ability to conduct independent research to compile insights and deploy the best DeFi treasury management strategies independently with emphasis on DeFi treasury management strategies.
The Head of Treasury will be working closely with other teams, such as the Crypto, Finance, Payment Operations and the Treasury Risk team to ensure all crypto & cash resources of the Group are efficiently utilized and remain within established policies and regulatory limits.
The position requires an experienced professional with competent treasury crypto knowledge and with particular focus on Blockchain Technology, Cryptocurrency, DeFi, Hedging and Crypto asset allocation. Excellent communication and organizational skills to manage the crypto treasury environment for the Group across various geographies and time-zones.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Work closely with Xapo Leadership on defining and implementing financial strategy, roadmap and targets for treasury management, and advise on market opportunities and prioritization decisions.
- Define, execute and monitor Crypto investment strategies e.g. Defi, Lending etc.
- Manage crypto settlement activities and trade execution along with counterparty risk assessments and due diligence of prospective crypto investments.
- Own and manage a complex treasury of different assets (both cryptocurrency and fiat).
- Design, implement and monitor automated trading (crypto) strategies.
- You can pivot on the fly to enable critical decision making. Crypto and our deliverables are constantly evolving.
- Day-to-day relationship management of existing liquidity and OTC providers.
- Partner with Finance Operations to develop analyses and long-term forecasts.
- Drive the development and management of our financial modeling and forecasting; manage and track internal treasury P&L performance.
- Manage daily crypto management, forecasting and reporting activities including daily trading activities for Bitcoin activities to create a true 24/7 liquidity function
- Help develop multiple scalable partnerships to ensure efficient liquidity for currencies including Bitcoin operations – day-to-day relationship management of existing liquidity and brokerage/ exchange relationships.
- Review and improve efficiency of the Group’s global Crypto management to allow for prompt management of surplus funds. Finetune treasury-related control mechanisms to ensure full compliance with internal policy and applicable government regulations (EU, UK, Gibraltar).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject (Math, Finance, Computer Science)
- Minimum of 7 years of previous experience working in a bank treasury, and cryptocurrency management function
- Experience within alternative crypto investment opportunities.
- Proven record in delivering successful crypto treasury management strategies
- Strong analytical skills and general knowledge of DeFi/blockchain development
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Able to apply commercial judgment to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood
- Strong work ethic, ownership mentality, ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Keen problem-solving skills, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- The aptitude and desire to learn and develop at pace, attaining necessary qualifications and skill sets.
- Excellent partner and communication skills to liaise with other colleagues and teams
- Can support and challenge colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner
- Flexible working hours / able to adapt swiftly
- Strong sense of urgency and enthusiastic in achievement of high-quality standards
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.