Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 150 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
Xapo’s Finance function manages the Bank and VASP Balance Sheet and P&L, maintaining a balanced structure within a regulated risk framework. The Treasury organisation manages and invests the liquidity resources and initiates all relevant treasury operations across payment networks, cryptocurrency exchanges/ markets and derivative markets. All activities of the treasury function must be performed within an established treasury risk framework to monitor and optimise capital, credit, liquidity and market risk exposures.
As Head of Treasury you will be responsible for supporting the deployment of customer AUM. This will primarily include actively monitoring treasury positions and payment flows, ensuring that there is sufficient liquidity to facilitate settlement obligations, whilst minimising intraday liquidity usage. The Head of Treasury will be working closely with other teams, such as the Financial Control, Payment Operations, Trading Desk and the Treasury Risk team to ensure all cash resources are efficiently utilised and remain within established policies and limits.
The job requires a professional, with competent treasury knowledge (cash management, cryptocurrency, liquidity and FX, NIM strategy execution), excellent communication and organisational skills. The candidate will also support other treasury areas with emphasis on the design, development and implementation of treasury management systems and controls within scope.
- Oversee daily cash management activities by the cash managers and Treasury Analyst and ensure cash management processes are optimised and well documented.
- Forecasting and reporting of all daily cash requirements and treasury activities, creating reports and trackers.
- Oversee cash settlement activities and trade execution.
- Manage counterparty risk assessments and credit management and source new banking relationships.
- Develop the NIM strategy for the deployment of customer funds.
- Prepare and analyse and reconcile daily cash positions for all entities, ensuring adequate cash and liquidity is available to meet each entity’s financial obligations.
- Design, implement and monitor automated trading strategies.
- Prompt management of surplus funds.
- Management of intraday liquidity.
- Finetune treasury-related control mechanisms to ensure full compliance with internal policy and applicable government regulations (EU, UK, Gibraltar).
- Oversight of the Treasury Daily P&L ensuring revenue generation and yield optimisation and FX loss minimisation is a key focus.
- You can pivot on the fly to enable critical decision making. Crypto and our deliverables are constantly evolving.
- Collaboration with other areas of Finance and the wider business around the cash impact (forecasting and monitoring) of trading results and business initiatives and aligning with Product around liquidity requirements of new products.
- Support various ad-hoc initiatives as and when requested by other teams.
- Preparation of the ILAAP in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Preparation of Risk Management Committee documents.
- Review of Regulatory returns relating to liquidity and capital.
- Early Warning Indicator reporting.
- Managing liquidity risk, interest rate risk and market risk.
- Managing the funding of inter-company arrangements between entities.
- Managing Assets vs Liabilities.
- Strong risk focus in carrying out all activities.
- Solid previous experience working in a bank treasury, preferably a fintech treasury.
- Understanding of cryptocurrency is a must and a demonstrated track record of managing cryptocurrency is a must.
- Detailed understanding of cash management tools with “hands on” experience in managing cash positions in a previous role.
- Demonstrated track record of generating revenue and yield through deployment of funds.
- Demonstrated track record of risk management practices.
- Previous preparation of ILAAPs is a must.
- Domain expertise in cash payments infrastructure: UK (Bacs, Chaps, FP), EU (SEPA) and SWIFT, combined with liquidity management and reserve requirements at central banks (FSC Gibraltar, BoE & ECB)
- Familiarity with relevant banking regulations (e.g. Basel III / CRD4, LCR, NSFR)
- Consistent track record of translating analytics into improved funding and liquidity forecasting which results in: i) Reduced cost ii) Transparency over balances and exposures (including intraday) iii) ability to optimise the cash management desk
- Able to apply commercial judgement to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood
- Strong work ethic, ownership mentality, ability to prioritise, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Keen problem-solving skills, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- The aptitude and desire to learn and develop at pace, attaining necessary qualifications and skill sets.
- Excellent partner and communication skills to liaise with other colleagues and teams
- Can support and challenge colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner
- Educated to degree standard with a relevant professional qualification
- Flexible working hours / able to adapt swiftly
- Strong sense of urgency and enthusiastic in achievement of high-quality standards
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best – from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.