Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world.
Hedera is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries, including technology, banking, financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing. The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information. Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry.
We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the Information Systems Manager role
As Information Systems Manager, you will have end-to-end responsibility in managing Hedera’s portfolio of current and future systems used across the organization. This hands-on role will ensure that systems and data are actively managed to ensure availability and security of services, with an eye toward aligning practices to help Hedera achieve targeted certifications and audits.
You will provide direct support to staff to address identified issues and provide guidance on optimal use of tools. The role will also proactively identify opportunities to enhance the use of deployed systems, including options to integrate services across various applications with Hedera’s Google Workspace deployment. You will build and develop an IT support capability, defining and reporting on service levels with an eye towards continuous improvement. Additionally, this role will need to manage specific partner relationships providing IT services to Hedera. This role reports directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
We’re looking for someone with a service-oriented individual with strong hands-on technical skills with experience across a diverse set of SAAS providers. The successful candidate will have demonstrated deploying and operating IT support and management functions.
The Information Systems Manager will be responsible for:
- Daily operations and management of Hedera’s portfolio of primarily SAAS based infrastructure, inclusive of end-user devices (corporate provided and user owned).
- Development and operation of a technology support capability, developing and managing approved service levels.
- Identify operational efficiencies including integration of various service offerings with focus of using Google Workspace as the core IT “hub”.
- Support of security related operational functions including user and system account administration, configuration of tools to minimize information security risks.
- Stay abreast of system enhancements, and communicate changes to user experience with associates.
- Plan and deploy and support new services as needed in support of Hedera’s mission in coordination with project sponsors,
- Management of IT vendors including measuring against SLAs, leveraging partners for internal support needs, and addressing changes to services including periodic renewals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to synthesize complicated topics and ideas in a concise manner.
- Demonstrated experience managing SAAS products in an enterprise environment including platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud (GCP) and Microsoft Azure.
- Can analyze information from various sources and proactively identify operational and technical needs.
- Familiar with the needs of a technology operations function including service level execution and management.
Nice to Haves
- Interest in and knowledge about web3/blockchain/crypto/metaverse.
- A growth mindset and an overall positive attitude.
- Experience managing project such as systems deployments.
- Hands-on experience with Google Workspace, Slack, Monday.com and similar tools.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- May be substituted with appropriate technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Google Cloud Engineer or similar.
- Remote, willing to travel occasionally.