Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Institutional Support
Our Institutional Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our clients have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages inbound service requests and communications with institutional clients, and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is institutional clients, the team is responsible for overseeing documentation, training and product improvement for the entire support organization.
The Role: Associate, Institutional Support
At Gemini, our Institutional Support Associates play a pivotal role in the dynamic and ever-changing landscape of the cryptocurrency industry. They are dedicated to upholding exceptional service standards, promptly addressing customer inquiries, and ensuring overall customer satisfaction. We are seeking an exceptional individual who is driven, self-motivated, and possesses excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and eager to contribute effectively from day one. This is a remarkable opportunity to make a tangible difference in an exhilarating and rapidly expanding company.
- Manage and oversee all inbound client requests from institutional clients via email and phone during East coast business hours.
- Identify and assess the specific needs of institutional clients and work towards achieving prompt and effective resolutions.
- Prioritize and triage support requests to the appropriate internal departments, collaborating closely with other operations teams to ensure timely issue resolution.
- Liaise with internal teams, including Engineering, Compliance, and Security, to escalate and address complex issues, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to establish protocols for new processes.
- Drive process enhancements and efficiencies, actively managing and coordinating projects until completion.
- Ensure effective collaboration with a cross-functional team, both locally and globally, to facilitate seamless institutional customer support operations.
- Provide comprehensive institutional client support coverage, limited to East Coast business hours, from Monday to Friday, excluding weekends, that includes occasional weekend and holiday on-call coverage.
- Possess 3-5 years of experience in a customer support capacity or an equivalent role, preferably within an institutional or enterprise-level environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to confidently interact with clients at various levels of seniority.
- Exhibit a proven track record in solving complex problems end-to-end, showcasing both technical and analytical competencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address and resolve intricate customer issues promptly and efficiently.
- Previous experience in financial services support, ideally within the institutional or investment banking sector.
- Possess a basic understanding of crypto, financial markets, and trading to effectively support institutional clients.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role, preferably within an institutional or financial services environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with institutional clients.
- Experience working with JIRA, Zendesk or similar customer support ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of financial markets and trading, particularly within the cryptocurrency domain, is a plus.
- Experience in providing support through social media platforms (e.g., Reddit, Telegram, Sprout Social, Hootsuite).
- Experience working in a cross-cultural and cross-timezone team environment, demonstrating adaptability and collaboration skills.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $66,000 – $84,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.