Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let’s change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys complex and ambiguous technical issues, has a keenness for problem solving, is able to see the bigger perspective and provide expert insights into business solutions, and above all, is immensely passionate and diligent about about technology and data security. If our words have struck the right chord with you and you are up for another challenging yet exciting career opportunity, we would certainly like to meet you!
Our technology team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Maintain the complicated relationship that our global employees have with the devices and/or technology they interact with on a daily basis (in order to do their jobs and get work done)
- Help team members by solving computer, mobile device, application and access issues to allow them to work effectively
- Answer team members’ questions efficiently to strive for optimized productivity and possess the know-how and experience needed to aid team members use common workplace devices, tools, applications and services
- An individual with 1-3 years experience working in an independent IT Support role.
- A go-to person for “all things IT or technical” (e.g., troubleshooting a broken scanner that has repeatedly stumped the office manager, explaining the detailed steps required to encrypt email or discussing the importance of encrypting communications to a less tech-savvy individual).
- You understand the importance of IT and security best practices .
- You love people and working with people and enjoy helping team members to work effectively, securely and happily.
- You understand the importance of computer systems and applications working effectively to increase productivity.
- You can communicate clearly in written forms of communication such as email, chat, and ticket updates.
- The ideal candidate will live in the Pacific Time Zone (PT) and be 100% available during the core working hours of 9AM until 6PM
- Depending on the particular support situation, there will at times be work needed outside of the core working hours for this position, including mornings, evenings and weekends.
- You need to work with a large geographically dispersed team consisting of people possessing a broad understanding of and comfort with technology.
- This role may require the ability to travel. For this reason, a valid passport will be mandatory.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.