Our mission is to make the blockchain readable and accessible to everyone. We believe that a self-custodial and decentralized future allows for more economic freedom, and that making the blockchain easier to understand is a critical problem to solve to attain this future.
At Zapper, we are optimistic about our decentralized future. We prioritize safety and create opportunities for all to join us in building towards this vision.
We’re a team that’s building and shipping on loop. With over 10 new and game changing features and products in just 4 months, we’re determined to keep up the pace. We have exciting projects in the pipeline, and it’s an inspiring time to be at Zapper.
In May 2021, we announced our $15 million Series A round, and we are growing our team to advance a number of ambitious projects.
About the Role
As a Junior Developer you will join one or more of our vertical teams to build out cutting edge web3 experiences on Zapper across domains like DeFi, NFTs, social, DAOs.
We are looking for an eager and ambitious Junior Developer who thrives in the unknown and loves to learn on the fly. You’ll be working with a strong team of mentors who will be hands-on in your development, but leave lots of space for self driven learning. You will have a passion for shipping great software and a willingness to learn and grow with the team as we tackle new and exciting challenges.
We strive to build a team that is welcoming and diverse, representing a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds. That is why we are committed to providing all current and prospective team members with equitable opportunities regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, age, and physical ability.
We want to provide a barrier-free hiring process. If you require accommodation while completing your application or during the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know through our hiring contact.
- Developing novel ways to index, interpret, and present blockchain data as human-readable
- Take initiative and act autonomously to build and improve systems as needed
- Engage with the team in design and code reviews to share knowledge, improve code quality, and ensure that all code is testable and maintainable
- Understand the demands of the frontend, optimize backend performance, and scale backend services to meet the needs of a rapidly growing user base
- 0-2 years of experience in software engineering in a professional environment
Some overlap of experience with our stack:
- React/NextJS on frontend
- NodeJS/NestJS on backend
- Google Cloud Platform (GKE, GCS, BigQuery, PubSub)
The following will make you stand out as a candidate:
- Be an active user (or even developer) in the Web3 ecosystem
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be proactive, driven and passionate about your work
- Be a continuous learner and foster the same habits in your environment
- Passion for being in a start-up or fast moving environment
- Strive in ambiguous project structures. Eager to think creatively to solve problems that are less clearly defined. Taking initiative to seek out and overcome obstacles that may not have a clear path through.