Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 120+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Our organization is closely involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this role will enable you to focus on its development. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens. Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
In order to promote the ideas behind Logos and its vision, we have created a brand studio called acid.info and you will be part of it. Acid.info is the studio and creative engine within the Logos DAO. Our mission is to build, and ensure, technologies and creativity that supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world.
There are multiple departments embedded within our studio; Future Lab for experimentations, Press engine for copywriting, editing and content, Hype Machine for marketing and PR and The factory for production. Your primary role will be mainly within The Factory and so helping with the production line for studio’s projects including the ones from other departments. As secondary role you are always welcome to contribute and engage with other departments incase you are interested.
As a Web Developer you are responsible for development and technical maintenance of various web-based projects in the studio. This includes development, deciding the overall architecture of the code-base, code reviews, writing tests, choosing the right tech-stack, deployment, and any other related tasks. You will be working closely with our PM/Creative Technologist and UI/UX Designer.
Who you are
- You have circa 2 to 4 years of experience in Web Development
- You are passionate about web development and you keep up to date on the daily-born web technologies
- You care about open-source software and you can manage and maintain such projects
- You are flexible to work with creative minds and welcome experimentations
You will take care of all technical aspects of all web projects, from development and testing to deployment and maintenance:
- You will be improving the architecture and implementation of our current site-generator framework (built on top NextJS) and develop it further
- You will be developing and implementing internal tools, including our branding design portal and assets generator framework and a React library for our design systems
- You will co-write documentation for all the above mentioned products/projects
- You will be responsible for maintaining our open-sourced codebases on Github
You ideally will have
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in ReactJS and NodeJs (all in Typescript)
- Good understanding of software architecture
- Experience in implementation of frontend libraries and design systems
- Experience working with Git, Docker and NextJS framework as well as Vercel and/or Netlify
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- You are comfortable in working remotely and asynchronously
- You have experience working for an open source organization
- You have exposure to creative coding (processing, openframeworks, WebGL, writing shaders, p5js)
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
- Interview with People Ops
- Technical interview
- Assessment (paid)
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline]