Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let’s change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role:
One of the world’s largest venues for the buying and selling of cryptocurrency, Kraken serves as an essential bridge between mainstream investors and traders and the Ethereum ecosystem. In the role of Lead Ethereum Strategist, you will be expected to make substantial contributions to Kraken’s new and existing product direction, finding creative ways to improve their utility and user experience in line with your subject matter expertise.
You will equally be tasked with communicating Ethereum’s value and technical progress, as well as those of its applications and protocols, to internal and external stakeholders.
- External Advocate
- Appear in media (interviews, podcasts, videos, etc) as essential to informing the public as well as journalists about essential Ethereum developments.
- Contribute meaningfully to current online conversations and activity surrounding the development of Ethereum and its associated applications and protocols.
- Eloquently leverage personal social media to communicate the value proposition of the Ethereum ecosystem in an informed and opinionated voice.
- Internal Advocate
- Inform Kraken’s Ethereum focus and strategy including how best to be positioned with respect to DeFi applications and new token listings
- Drive prioritization conversations for Ethereum-related projects by evaluating strategic value, revenue opportunity and long-term market growth potential
- Being a Product Advisor
- Evaluate company and client expectations to uncover opportunities for product quality enhancements and improvements.
- Identify Ethereum ecosystem protocols and applications that are or will be strategically important to Kraken and make strategic introductions to internal co-workers as needed
- Make strategic recommendations to Kraken’s leadership and product teams, and carry out strategic investigations or reporting as directed by such groups
- A persuasive pitch on which contributions Kraken should prioritize
- A track record of meaningful contributions to software projects
- Ability to maintain trusted, authoritative voice with external stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage deadlines with many stakeholders
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic
- Takes full ownership of problems to deliver solutions
- Treats others with respect and kindness.
- Proven experience of working with Ethereum and cryptocurrencies – must
- Effective at communicating internally and externally, across a wide range of audiences
- Strong strategic and decision-making skills
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.