We’re looking for an experienced, creative, and versatile Lead Game Designer to help us break new ground in game-making by launching high-quality blockchain games for the mass market.
The ideal candidate can drive, elevate and empower any design team to create player focused design in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams. We are looking for someone who can lead the charge on exciting new projects, a natural leader who is not afraid to get hands-on to inspire teams towards greatness.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Build an inspiring game vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Grow a team of curious and highly skilled game designers, advocating for growth, ownership, and self-leadership
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Solve game design problems that are worth solving; synthesize Game Mechanics, Theme, Monetization Strategies, and Social Features into an integrated product
- Foster creative and scalable design solutions, improving the quality of the product and efficiency of the team
- Work collaboratively with Producers, Designers, Project Managers, Analysts, and cross-functional teams to facilitate well planned and executed features
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Build Blockchain mobile, PC & web games that the world loves to play
- Be a constant student of evolving game dynamics, emerging player behavior and trends, and champion these insights to improve effectiveness of design efforts
A little about you:
- 5+ years of Game Design experience in PC, Web & Mobile free-to-play games
- 3+ years of supervisory, leadership or team management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to organized game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- An ability to embrace an environment that iterates constantly
- Capable of wrapping your head around the challenges and opportunities inherent in blockchain technology
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems
- Strong exposure and confidence in identifying and analyzing KPIs then providing action items to ensure the sustainability of your game from a revenue and growth perspective
- Experience with all aspects of game design discipline: concept, game progression, interface, monetization, and retention
- Pride in creating a high-quality, addictive and social game feature-sets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design, economics, math, or psychology
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- Experience with Sport Games a plus
A little more about us:
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Because we care about our Axioms, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
– Flexible vacation & remote work policy – most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit
– Diverse opportunities for learning and development
– On-site gym and fitness reimbursements
– Dog friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!