DFINITY is seeking a Senior Network Operations Engineer to be responsible for designing, building and maintaining DFINITY’s production network, providing expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking requests. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing complex data infrastructure in support of our customer and partner datacenter needs to support the operations of the Internet Computer.
As a member of the Compute Operations team, the Senior Network Operations Engineer will design simple, scalable solutions and troubleshoot complex network problems. You will work independently and as part of a team, working with cross functional teams to deploy networks to support production operations and provide escalation support as needed.
Network Operations Engineers at DFINITY work on a broad array of problems including:
- Apply in-depth knowledge of the broader company objectives to design, build, optimize and maintain the DFINITY Internet Computer network infrastructure and services.
- Establish the strategic direction in network infrastructure, including objectives and work plans to implement the strategy.
- Establish standards, principles and best practices to provide a simple, stable and reliable network for operations of the world wide Internet Computer.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards to support the goals of the organization.
- Oversee and monitor systems and network security, recommending and implementing technology, processes, and practices to protect DFINITY networks and Internet Computer assets from threats.
- Support networking needs in worldwide data centers.
- Provide proficient technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN, LAN and WLAN connectivity, switches, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution support
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Create and implement controlled changes on the network.
- Participate in network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Document maintenance for all network infrastructure
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution
- Recommend improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- At least 7 years of expert level network experience with various network systems/hardware.
- Experience deploying IPv6 networks.
- Experience operating within environments compliant with compliance standards
- Proficient in creating and maintaining metrics to aid in the design, scaling and troubleshooting of networks
- Proficient in designing and maintaining a high-performance global network
- Advanced knowledge and experience in network administration and architecture
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Cisco or Cisco like routing, with proficiencies in understanding of Layer 3 and 4 routing, and with dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, etc.) and concepts such as Multi-VRFs.
- Proficient with firewalls with a detailed understanding of access rules, site-to-site VPN configurations, Network Address Translations
- Working knowledge and understanding of Windows and UNIX/LINUX operating environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related degree, required
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP, CompTIA Network+ or other advance network certifications are desirable
What kind of engineers are we looking for?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept risks that are required to lead change.
- Able to foster and build collaborative working relationships with various stakeholders.