Ripple is a crypto solutions company that is driving a new era in finance, doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value, and in the short term its development will create powerful gains in financial efficiency, access and inclusion, using cryptocurrency as a universal asset. Long term it will launch – just as the original internet did – new industries that bring people and places closer together, and this time related to money, and every other kind of value as well: from stocks to art, scientific discoveries to commodities, votes to intellectual property, and more.
To get value to move like information moves today, we build on and support the development of one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and reliable public blockchains. We build everything with both an inclusive vision and pragmatism, so while others are incrementally improving the digital economy through apps and technical workarounds, our team is fundamentally re-engineering the way value moves. It’s already driving new efficiencies to help businesses be more successful and diverse, helping people make the most of their money – and we’ve only begun to discover what it’s capable of doing.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C., and Dubai, we have more than 500 global employees and hundreds of customers (including some of the world’s biggest banks) in more than 40 countries and six continents.
Ripple is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Designer with a strong brand background and experience with Interaction design. This person should have a critical eye for detail, and help lead a team of multi-disciplined designers to create impactful experiences that strengthen our brand and make an impact in the world of crypto. You’ll be working with a team of design-obsessed individuals who are passionate about crafting memorable and authentic experiences. We’re looking for someone who can contribute to that creative culture and help further establish Ripple as a leader in this space. You should be thoughtful in your approach to work, collaborative, detail oriented, and be able to execute quickly at times. Ripple prides itself on its strong culture – while we’re open and transparent we’re respectful and like to have fun. You should value those things as well.
Ripple’s Visual Experience team is focused on developing and maintaining the portfolio of brands across Ripple’s business and other initiatives. We combine customer insights, strategic thinking and storytelling with captivating design to create a game changing brand that challenges the status quo and elevates Ripple’s reputation for developing and enabling a future that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
- Champion the craft of design and visual storytelling and help elevate design as a means of creative problem solving throughout the organization
- Create customer-centric, strategic work and be able to bring it to life from concept to final execution within budget
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across marketing, events, product, business development and other internal teams
- Evolve our design system to informs our overall brand expression, our products and other customer and developer experiences
- Develop and promote best practices within our growing organization
- Support external agencies and vendors to ensure the highest quality execution
- Provide constructive feedback across disciplines: visual, strategy, media, art direction, motion graphics and interaction design
- Mentor and train team members to contribute to a thriving design culture
- Advocate for Ripple’s values of transparency, diversity, inclusivity and acceptance
What We’re Looking For:
- A passion for craft
- 8+ years experience overall within a creative agency or in-house at a leading brand
- Proven ability to direct colleagues toward solutions that balance form and function
- A diverse portfolio of integrated and innovative communications work
- Experience applying brand to different touchpoints (print, physical and digital)
- Ability to work within an established design system, and please share your experience developing systems from scratch
- Great communication a must – verbal, written and presentation skills are important
- Possess the ability to convey complex concepts in compellingly simple terms
- Methodical design process and a high attention to detail
- Proactively solicit, manage, and address stakeholder input
- Synthesize feedback from stakeholders and iterate within a fast-paced environment
- Active design advocate for a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective
- Proficient in Figma and Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- A plus, but NOT required: InDesign, After Effects, Cinema 4D, HTML/CSS/JS
A current portfolio of work is required for each applicant.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.