Blockchain.com is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are growing the Accounting division of our Finance team. We are looking for a Legal Entity Controller – US and Consolidations who is looking to roll up their sleeves to help build the accounting infrastructure and processes that will support growth in a fast, yet controlled manner. Reporting to and working with the Global Group Controller, this person is comfortable and confident in a high growth company where structure, procedures, and policy are in development, familiar with a fast pace, and is able to prioritize in building a scalable, efficient accounting and reporting function.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in all things finance: from preparing journal entries to drafting accounting policy and preparation of the month end financial reporting
Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Partner with operations teams to ensure record from user experience through to financial statements
- Take ownership of the consolidation process for the MidCo and TopCo levels to accurately report at all levels and continuously improve the process
- Assist in preparing year-end-accounts and statutory accounts
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Providing support to and manage timely and effective audits
- Assist in building a scalable and efficient accounting and finance function
- Assist with monthly close of entities, including billing, journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis
- Review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by other members of accounting team, as required
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets, and credit card accounts
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes
- Timely response to ad hoc requests from team members, operations and management
- Work with other entities’ controller to complete intercompany reconciliations and ensure intercompany transactions are handled appropriately with local GAAPs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred, but not required
- 5-10 years experience in accounting/finance functions, preferably within financial services,with prior experience focusing on monthly close, reconciliations and general ledger accounting
- Experience with international accounting is a plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team to identify process improvements.
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options
Pay Transparency Notice: At Blockchain.com, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For individuals performing work in the United States, the target annual salary for this position can range from $108,000 to $155,000, and your actual pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location, as well as internal equity and market data.
We also offer benefits that include medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses, and full-time employees will receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Note: Blockchain.com benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.