Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to be a key teammate to the legal operations team. You will be an active contributor to the legal operations team by embracing the values of Coinbase to ensure that the legal department is set up operationally to succeed through close coordination across all teams and standardized processes for efficient execution. You will help support the company across a broad set of legal matters affecting the world’s most trusted digital currency business.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work closely with the Legal Operations Manager to gather process requirements and ensure tools and systems are capable of meeting team needs.
- Build a foundation to provide excellent processes around efficiency, organization and communication, including knowledge management and process automation tools.
- Manage system implementations and maintain the same.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of a spend optimization strategy with outside counsel.
- Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners to enhance our effectiveness and ability to deliver on complex tasks.
- Respond to routine inquiries regarding business processes and use of systems.
- Assist legal operations with operational matters supporting various practice areas.
- Support teams with other projects or tasks on an as-needed basis.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience at a comparable in-house practice and with exposure to high growth technology companies.
- Passion for all things operations related, with a willingness to dive into new projects of all shapes and sizes.
- Project management experience that exudes excellent organization and communication skills with the ability to develop and implement processes.
- Proficiency with Adobe Pro, Asana, Confluence, DocuSign, Google Workspace, Jira, Lucidchart, Office 365, and Slack.
- Familiarity with Ironclad, SimpleLegal and other legal department related software systems.
- Exceptional professional judgment.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support projects when needed.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).