Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world. Hedera is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries including technology, banking and financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing.
The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the role:
As Hedera’s Legal Operations Manager, you will play a key role in Hedera’s operations by implementing and managing processes and tools to improve the legal team’s effectiveness.
You can think of the role as 45% corporate paralegal, 45% project manager, and 10% executive assistant. You’ll be responsible for managing legal documents, helping project manage legal workstreams, and assisting with Hedera Council governance activities.
We’re looking for someone who can take initiative and ownership on projects. For example, instead of being given a step-by-step guide of how to manage contracts according to long-established company policy and procedures, you’ll be the one developing and implementing those systems, processes, and materials that Hedera will use for years to come. You’ll work closely with (and report to) Hedera’s General Counsel and be a vital member of a small but powerful team that reports to a council of leading global organizations.
You may find yourself doing all of the following:
- Create processes and manage tools to improve the legal team’s efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., on of your first tasks will be to select, implement, and maintain a contract lifecycle management system, and help colleagues learn how to use it)
- Organize and manage key governance and legal documents
- Assist with managing projects and tasks across legal workstreams via project management software (e.g., ClickUp)
- Contract administration, including DocuSign, filing on Google Drive, and related work flows
- Support corporate governance activities, including meeting minutes, tracking corporate approvals and resolutions
- Manage the legal team’s calendar
- Work cross functionally with Hedera’s finance team, particularly to ensure they’re aware of relevant payment obligations
- Help track legal objectives and budget
- Assist with the day-to-day operations and administrative needs of the team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative to identify what can be done to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Superb attention to detail
- An eye for ensuring documents are well-organized and cleanly formatted
- Ability to process highly confidential information and maintain discretion
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Office 365, Adobe Pro DC, DocuSign (we use Google Workspace and Google Drive for document management, but MS Word and Excel in addition to Google Docs and Google Sheets)
- Proficiency with project management tools such as ClickUp, Asana, Notion, etc. (we use ClickUp)
- Ability to quickly learn or vet new software or technology (e.g., you’ll learn how to use Causeway)
- Ability to proactively make suggestions (don’t wait to be told what to do)
- Give and receive feedback in a constructive way
- Take pride in your work
Other skills that are great to bring with you but that we can help you develop:
- Experience in working with contract lifecycle management software
- Interest in and knowledge about web3/blockchain/crypto
- A growth mindset and an overall positive attitude
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience as a corporate paralegal, legal operations manager, or legal project manager
Location: Remote, with a preference for candidates based in or near New York (the legal team is based in NYC and may get co-working space there)