Job Description: The managing editor, Asia, oversees and coordinates Decrypt’s daily news coverage in Asia. The right candidate would assign, edit and publish stories, to a team of freelancers that she or he would build throughout—but not limited to—China, Korea, and Japan.
- Fluency and expertise in English (fluency in second language is preferred, particularly Mandarin)
- Minimum of four years in journalism
- At least two years managing an editorial team
- An excellent grasp of crypto, blockchain and Asian companies in the space
- Impeccable editing skills and attention to detail
- A network of capable freelance writers
- Strong experience working with Google Analytics and other tracking tools
- Experience growing a media audience
- Ideal Location: Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei, Singapore
Decrypt is looking for a managing editor in Asia to help increase our coverage of crypto-related daily news there.
This is a classic job for a “self-starter” since you will be almost single-handedly building a team of freelancers, and assigning, editing and publishing their stories.
Do you want to be part of a radical new type of media company helping usher in the blockchain and Web 3 age? We’re looking for someone who knows crypto, can edit news and features, can write themselves and be able to juggle many things at once. The ideal candidate will be plugged into the freelance journalism scene and be able to tap writers in their network, throughout Asia.
What is Decrypt?
Decrypt is a rapidly growing media company for the Web 3 age. We aim to be both a source of news and a guide to the radical new businesses being built on blockchain. We have a small team of fewer than a dozen people, but are reaching over a million people a month, via distribution on Coinbase, Yahoo Finance, Flipboard, SmartNews, Google News and more.
Decrypt is fully funded by ConsenSys, an international blockchain venture studio. However, we are editorially independent from it, meaning we practice journalism. While we are intrigued by the possibilities of Web3 technologies, we believe the competing systems being built are nascent and as yet untested. Our role as journalists is to present the facts and serve the truth to our rapidly growing base of readers.
What we offer
- Work remotely—can work from home
- Opportunity to work on a rapidly growing consumer product in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space
- Work alongside an experienced, international team
- Host of competitive benefits including health care, dental, flexible holidays and other perks.