Celo is an open platform that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone. Our mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions of prosperity for all.
Globally, about one in every three adults do not have a bank account. As a simple consequence of this, they don’t have a straightforward means of receiving or storing value across distance, and therefore are excluded from a large part of the global economy. We believe that to create a truly inclusive financial system, we must start by building an infrastructure to serve those excluded from the current system. Further, we believe that if we are able to do so, the resulting system will be more useful, more resilient, more full-featured, and more accessible for everybody.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer with a passion for building consumer facing products and experience delivering production mobile applications. This position can be based out of San Francisco, Berlin, or Remote.
Our stack (Android, iOS, Typescript, React Native, Go, Solidity)
- Build open-source products (like our mobile wallet) that people use to interact with the Celo platform
- Develop unique solutions to enable running a decentralized blockchain client on a mobile device
- Deliver a quality experience to end users by testing thoroughly and setting a high bar for performance
- Work with other Engineers to implement best practices and review code
- Collaborate with product and design teams to craft a simple user experience
- A strong passion for Celo’s mission
- Experience with production React Native, iOS, or Android applications
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code
- 2 + years real-world experience in software
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- Nice to have: interest in Fintech or Crypto space
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, equity, and coin plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefit
- 401k plan
- Beautiful office space
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, beer, and coffee
- Team outings, TGIFs, and more
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.